Era 5 CIE Coaches. Any chance?

With the excellent new MM produced CIE/IR Class 121 having been released late last year, and the impending IRM Class A/001 loco about the hit the doorstep, is there any hope for a new production run of CIE coaches?

The last batch by Messers Murphy & Co are as rear as a sunny day in summer on the west coast, yet these new locos will have no way of transporting passengers to sunnier climes.

Not so much a wish, more a plea.

• RMweb Gold

What’s era 5? But Murphy Models have expressed a desire to do more Mark 2D and who know what plans are afoot for new toolings. 

Edited by McC

1 hour ago, McC said:

What’s era 5? But Murphy Models have expressed a desire to do more Mark 2D and who know what plans are afoot for new toolings. 

I could be wrong about what 'Era5' is, as I'm certainly no expert, but using the designation used by Hatton's on their website I associate it with the 1960s - mid 80s 'Black and Tan' livery and their 'Broken Wheel' logo.

CIE.JPG.6b2a103ea69160802e674f14cb6e06c5.JPG

• RMweb Gold

Aha! Got it. The British and Irish ‘eras’ are somewhat different, Irish Rail having never been privatised For example. This is the tagging system Irish Railway Models use for our models. 

ERA / Livery

- Pioneering

- Pre-Grouping

— Great Southern Railway

— Northern Railways

— GNR

— UTA

NIR

CIE

— Silver

— Grey & Yellow

— Green

— Black (& Tan)

— Supertrain

- Irish Rail

- Iarnrod Eireann

- Preservation

- Permanent Way

the CIE period has to date been a little underserved with stock and coaches but with the A Class metrovicks in those Liveries imminent that will likely change. 

• Informative/Useful 3

3 minutes ago, McC said:

Aha! Got it. The British and Irish ‘eras’ are somewhat different, Irish Rail having never been privatised For example. This is the tagging system Irish Railway Models use for our models. 

ERA / Livery

- Pioneering

- Pre-Grouping

— Great Southern Railway

— Northern Railways

— GNR

— UTA

NIR

CIE

— Silver

— Grey & Yellow

— Green

— Black (& Tan)

— Supertrain

- Irish Rail

- Iarnrod Eireann

- Preservation

- Permanent Way

the CIE period has to date been a little underserved with stock and coaches but with the A Class metrovicks in those Liveries imminent that will likely change. 

I wanted to click

'Thanks'

'Like'

'Interesting/Thought-Provoking'

and

'Round of Applause'

but could only choose one.

Take your pick.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...