Oxford Rail 35T clas B tank wagons

Covkid

Going back in time to around 5 years ago, Heljan produced the 35T class B oil tank wagon and I managed to pick up four of the livery I wanted. Oxford Rail announced the same model and I was hoping to make up the balance of what I wanted from these.  The complicator was that Oxford were going to produce original and revised suspension on these vehicles. 

I bided my time but don't ever recall these models being produced and retailed.  Did I miss the boat, or were they never released ?

Specifically, I wanted OR76TKB003, but I imagine the Esso liveried one as OR76TKB001 would have been reliveryable for my use, but would have been a popular choice for others. Here's Oxford's offering  https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/products/class-b-tank-regent-class-b-revised-suspension-441-or76tkb003

My cynical guess is that Oxford never produced these because Heljan "got in first", but conversely I believe Heljan have only produced one run, apart from a "train pack" of a 33 and Esso 35 tonners.

Welcome any info on these please.    

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mark Saunders said:

Still waiting for them to appear as they have not been cancelled!

I'm sure they will sell really well , I'm also waiting for some

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

I was waiting for these as well , as being a cheapskate they are likely to cost less than the Heljan ones . But I had a feeling they got cancelled and Oxford were no longer doing them 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Heljan ones weren't produced in large numbers the same with the Heljan dogfish but at the time they were quite expensive 

So if Oxford aren't doing them you would think they would do some reruns 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 24/03/2023 at 13:20, spamcan61 said:

I can't find it on the Hornby website, which is a tad worrying.

Is the Oxford range being subsumed into Hornby do we think ? If so i think Hornby are sitting on a lot of saleable product.

• RMweb Premium
Just now, wainwright1 said:

There are quite a few items which are on the Hornby website, but shown as being Oxford.

Ray

In a way it's promising that these items don't appear to have been quietly buried, and they're still shown at OR pricing. The 35T tank wagon is conspicuous by its absence though.

Given the push behind TT120 and BlueTooth control there must be a limit on Hornby's capacity to do other things, at least in the short term. Also, on the assumption that existing 00 customers have some sort of limit on their annual spend with Hornby, they might be banking on it being primarily directed into a modernised control system rather than on additional locos/coaches/wagons. 

On 29/03/2023 at 11:42, wainwright1 said:

There are quite a few items which are on the Hornby website, but shown as being Oxford.

Ray

On 29/03/2023 at 11:44, spamcan61 said:

In a way it's promising that these items don't appear to have been quietly buried, and they're still shown at OR pricing. The 35T tank wagon is conspicuous by its absence though.

It is the 35T tank that particularly interests me given the Heljan versions seem to no longer be available.

I also wondered though about future modelling people wanting J27s and Dean Goods etc

On 29/03/2023 at 12:59, Pteremy said:

Given the push behind TT120 and BlueTooth control there must be a limit on Hornby's capacity to do other things, at least in the short term. Also, on the assumption that existing 00 customers have some sort of limit on their annual spend with Hornby, they might be banking on it being primarily directed into a modernised control system rather than on additional locos/coaches/wagons. 

Were the Oxford company separate employees to Hornby, and has it since "downsized" ?   

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Were the Oxford company separate employees to Hornby, and has it since "downsized" ?   

Or to use a former employer's weasel words "cost synergized" ... I doubt we'll ever know. I wonder if Hornby considered it a bit too close to their new TTA in terms of target market so have quietly sidelined it.