New Locolifts for OO & N

Quite excited by this:

• Single lifts for n gauge locos
  • Double lifts for DMUs - will it do a 3 car unit or do I need to add another?

Reduction in tracks on the fiddleyard!

Perhaps it will be welcomed by other gauge communities, but for 00 a loco lift that cannot hold a loco isn't something which raises a smile.

For six months I've had orders with two retailers with for the old SL-43 model, and I'm disappointed these are now cancelled. Did PECO deem it necessary to totally expend existing stock before unveiling their new version? Looks like it...

We now have no choice* but to buy a lot of vertical plastic when we're after a useful length of horizontal. Could someone point out the silver lining?

Okay, off to try getting out of the other side of the bed... :)

*Among PECO products. I'm aware that other options are available, thanks.

• Agree 1
  • RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Rails have just mentioned this, a new flexible Peco locolift that will do N as well as OO

https://railsofsheffield.com/news/articles/3884-peco-flexi-loco-lift-announced

There will also be a 2 unit set that can be joined together - I wonder how many can be connected, great for short N trains.

This is a welcome development indeed.  I asked Peco a couple of years ago if they intended releasing the loco lift in N, and they said no.

It is good to se ethey have had a change of heart.

Thanks for the heads up.

Best

Scott.

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Schooner said:

Perhaps it will be welcomed by other gauge communities, but for 00 a loco lift that cannot hold a loco isn't something which raises a smile.

For six months I've had orders with two retailers with for the old SL-43 model, and I'm disappointed these are now cancelled. Did PECO deem it necessary to totally expend existing stock before unveiling their new version? Looks like it...

We now have no choice* but to buy a lot of vertical plastic when we're after a useful length of horizontal. Could someone point out the silver lining?

Okay, off to try getting out of the other side of the bed... :)

*Among PECO products. I'm aware that other options are available, thanks.

This version here seems to be the one more suited to replacing the old OO/HO lift, I think:

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/44038/peco-pt-61-n-ho-oo-pt-61-flexi-loco-lift-2-unit-set

Best

Scott.

It's going to be interesting to see how many you can lash together securely.

I don't my my longer rakes being on track using a lift just for the loco, but my units would be nice if can all be contained.

In OO if you can lash three doubles together that's a B-set and loco or similar.

End doors it appears too so your train is securely held in, which was always a concern with the current lift.

My solution to the lack of end doors on the old version was to cut a tube of foam pipe insulation into disks, that slotted into the loco lift between the loco and plastic ends nicely and could securely hold a loco, whilst also not damaging it. They simply lifted in and out when needed. This new system seems a bit big and bulky tbh, have to wait and see when it's released. Seems to be like the units are too short for 00 and way too wide for N, they perhaps should have made seperate versions.

Edited by sparky66
13 hours ago, woodenhead said:

It's going to be interesting to see how many you can lash together securely.

I don't my my longer rakes being on track using a lift just for the loco, but my units would be nice if can all be contained.

In OO if you can lash three doubles together that's a B-set and loco or similar.

End doors it appears too so your train is securely held in, which was always a concern with the current lift.

Price TBA - I suspect it will prove a bit steep if you need for three of them

• Agree 2

"modeller can set the gauge according to their needs......... for all those scales between N and OO/HO the versatility of the Flexi Loco Lift will be much appreciated"

Ah ---- the good ol' scale / gauge conundrum ! : is this thing adaptable for scales the same as 00 but of greater gauge - i.e. EM & P4 ? ( let alone any narrow gauge combinations )

• Agree 1