RAILEX 2021 (VIRTUAL EXHIBITION) Presented by the Risborough & District Model Railway Club

gazzaday

Risborough & District Model Railway Club present:

VIRTUAL RAILEX Annual exhibition  - Outstanding Layouts, Quality Manufacturers, Trade & Demos. All in one Virtual Exhibition

Date: Saturday, 29th May 2021

Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m (Live Events).

See many of the layouts that were scheduled to come to Railex in 2020 and 2021: Kensington Addison Rd, Lighterman’s Yard, Love Lane, Old Parrock, Kyle of Lochalsh, Aylesbury LNWR, Freshwater, Modbury, Thorne Yard, Beijiao, Grindley Brook & Pottendorf.  As well as some of the club member’s home layouts that never visit the exhibition circuit, including High Wycombe & Padfracombe (O gauge garden railway) and a section devoted to those new to the hobby.

Entry to the exhibition on the day will be via the Railex website: http://railex.org.uk/

Railex 2021 Virtual Exhibition Flyer.pdf

Edited by gazzaday
Updated with link to the exhibition website.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Don't do Facebook. 

Is that an instruction or an expression ??  :jester:

It appears to be a public page so you can still take a look, if you're cookie adverse use Mozilla and install a containers extension which blocks all the Facebook spies.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Why can't the RAILEX team just do a copy and paste onto RMweb?

The latest post on the Facebook page includes some photographs of the layouts that will be featured in our forthcoming Virtual Railex.  Unfortunately, RMWeb only allows a maximum of 10Mb of uploaded images.  Here are some to whet your appetite. Photos courtesy of: Ian Morgan, Tony Wright and Pete King.

More details on our Facebook page :laugh_mini:

compare_1.jpg

Addison%20Road%2013.jpg

waiting for the day to begin.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Why do I have to look at the PDF to find how to access the show? And the URL is shown in the smallest type used at the bottom, almost as an afterthought. You're certainly not going out of your way to attract visitors!

And you're going out of your way to upset people.

Maybe a slightly less provocative suggestion to place the URL into the posting or even doing them a favour and posting the URL would be nicer.

Manners cost nothing.

http://railex.org.uk/

• Like 4

15 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Just tapped on the link and there's not much there. RAILEX publicity is usually very slick but not so much this year.

Although Railex manager for the physical show since 2005 I have not had involvement in the virtual show where a new team is putting it together, just to keep the Railex name out there.

I am currently working on Railex 2022 which will be back to normal if everything regarding Covid restrictions are lifted. I am currently trying to juggle layouts that were booked to attend in 2020, 2021 & 2022 as it not a case of shifting everything up two years. Also Anthony who played a massive part in the Railex shows passed away early last year and he was responsible for the majority of publicity, so it  will take a while for the new team to get a handle of what he used to do.

David 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

On 22/04/2021 at 17:00, PenrithBeacon said:

Just tapped on the link and there's not much there. RAILEX publicity is usually very slick but not so much this year.

We are currently putting the web pages together.  The website will be active a week of so prior to the exhibition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I transferred my contribution on Brighton East for the virtual exhibition yesterday and Brighton is not on layout list I have seen so I presume there are more layouts yet to be announced?

• 2 weeks later...

Should be well worth seeing, some interesting layouts there. The section on home layouts is another good angle, looking forward to getting some tips there.

About 2.15 mins into the youtube vid there's a shot of a group working on various modelling techniques.  They are using table lamps which are basically an inverted L shape, which look very effective.  Does anyone know what make and specification they  are, please? They look very useful.

On 18/05/2021 at 09:56, railroadbill said:

Should be well worth seeing, some interesting layouts there. The section on home layouts is another good angle, looking forward to getting some tips there.

About 2.15 mins into the youtube vid there's a shot of a group working on various modelling techniques.  They are using table lamps which are basically an inverted L shape, which look very effective.  Does anyone know what make and specification they  are, please? They look very useful.

The original batch came from The Daylight Company, others (cheaper copies) came from Craftlight.co.uk, however the version we use with fluorescent tubes are no longer available.  There was an LED version available from Hobbycraft but we have not tested its light output and it does not seem to be on the website now.  In theory the light output is lower but it could be more directional.  I hope this is of help.

• Thanks 1

There are only three days until Railex 2021 Virtual Model Railway Exhibition. In the background, compilation of the website, is progressing well and will be published on 29th May. The website will contain links to details and videos of 21 layouts in 2mm, 4mm, HO, HOn3, EM, P4 and 7mm scales, some of which can not be seen on the exhibition circuit. Live sessions will commence at 11am and cover such topics as layouts, track, rolling stock and road vehicle construction and something for new and returning modellers. Members of R&DMRC have also produced a range of videos, slide shows and articles demonstrating some techniques and step by step guides that will hopefully be useful in your modelling challenges. With extensive links to modelling examples, traders, model railway societies and local railway attractions, Virtual Railex 2021 should not be missed by the experienced modeller and those new to the hobby. A programme of events can now be downloaded from www.railex.org.uk. We look forward to seeing you on the day.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Well presented and well done!  Love Lane ( S7) with steaming 8F  and Lightermans Wharf (2mm) very high standard I thought. I liked Pottendorf  particularly. The idea of changing buildings to make it look like it was in another country was thought provoking.  Another good point was having "how to" info on pdfs to download.

Anyway, worth seeing so thanks to all.

• Like 4