Wiring Peco 3 way points.

Hi

I want to make a marshalling yard behind the scenes, and to save space, would like to use 3 way points, or turnouts if you prefer. I am using Peco Finescale code 75 track. So the points will be electrofrog. 

The sidings will all be dead ends  and I am running on DCC. Do I have to

a. Insulate the inner tracks on the points, I’m sure I do.

b, have to fit switches to reverse polarity when switching directions.

I have 2 sets of double switch points, which turned out quite complicated to wire, and require 2 changeover switches to each point set.

C. If the power is not required on the track when not set to that direction, do I need to,power the sidings?

I hope someone can advise 

B

1 hour ago, Butler said:

Hi

I want to make a marshalling yard behind the scenes, and to save space, would like to use 3 way points, or turnouts if you prefer. I am using Peco Finescale code 75 track. So the points will be electrofrog. 

The sidings will all be dead ends  and I am running on DCC. Do I have to

a. Insulate the inner tracks on the points, I’m sure I do.

b, have to fit switches to reverse polarity when switching directions.

I have 2 sets of double switch points, which turned out quite complicated to wire, and require 2 changeover switches to each point set.

C. If the power is not required on the track when not set to that direction, do I need to,power the sidings?

I hope someone can advise 

B

Since the manual editing feature has vanished I can't interpose the answers in the quote anymore, so:

a, You don't have to, if you don't the track will be dead when the route is not set to it, so sound locos will go quiet.

b, Yes, as electrofrog you ned switches one for each tie bar, the frogs should come with wires attached.

c, same as a,

Go to Brian Lamberts wiring website for more details, or just do a little search on here as its been covered many times.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Grovenor said:

Since the manual editing feature has vanished I can't interpose the answers in the quote anymore, so:

a, You don't have to, if you don't the track will be dead when the route is not set to it, so sound locos will go quiet.

b, Yes, as electrofrog you ned switches one for each tie bar, the frogs should come with wires attached.

c, same as a,

Go to Brian Lamberts wiring website for more details, or just do a little search on here as its been covered many times.

Hi Keith,

Just click in the quote, press return, then press return again. The quote will break open.

11 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Hi Keith,

Just click in the quote, press return, then press return again. The quote will break open.

And how are we expected to discover that! Having a button for the purpose was better.

Thanks for the tip.