Pulsing LED Unit

JST

Hi,

I have LED flashing and flickering devices but I am looking to "pulse" some LEDs. Anyone know where I can get ready to use items?

To put the use into context, I have an ordinary looking village church and graveyard on my 00 layout but to amuse the kids/grandkids (OK, probably me as well!) I want to make the church and some of the graves pulse with eerie lighting. The slower the pulsing the better!

Cheers

John

12 hours ago, JST said:

Hi,

I have LED flashing and flickering devices but I am looking to "pulse" some LEDs. Anyone know where I can get ready to use items?

To put the use into context, I have an ordinary looking village church and graveyard on my 00 layout but to amuse the kids/grandkids (OK, probably me as well!) I want to make the church and some of the graves pulse with eerie lighting. The slower the pulsing the better!

Cheers

John

if you want the LED to slowly dim and brighten the easy way is probably to drive it with something like one the Arduino Nano clones (cheap on eBay), use the pulse width stuff ("analogWrite(pin, value)") which will set the brightness, then have the loop slowly change the brightness - you have a few different pins it can do this on.

can work nicely with one of the Red Green & Blue mixed LEDs to get all sorts of nice colours

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1