Falcon Figures / MasterPiece Models

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone tried to contact Falcon Figures recently? (Sorry can't remember the gentleman's name but he was a pleasure to deal with).   As I live in west Wales I tend(ed) to but in bulk say 10-15 packs.  I think my last order was 16 packs a couple of years ago.

I tried the number 01428 741426 and it seems to be unobtainable.

A sad loss to the hobby if he's passed on.

Edit:  For those that don't know he was old school.  No website, just phone snail mail and cheque (or attendance at model railway shows in the SE) but an officer and a gentleman, used to send me packs on trust - I think £160+ was the largest consignment.

Edited by Metr0Land

• RMweb Premium

I too used many of this gentleman's products, the big advantage being that bespoke crew were designed to fit individual RTR locomotives. He used to attend the Crawley Model railway show and IIRC was at the last one held before Covid hit.

I understand it started out as a private venture for him and his friends - the omission of a website is deliberate as he (or more importantly his family) didn't want it to end up dominating his retirement.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just by way of a very late addition to this topic, Martin is still producing figures and taking orders, although no longer attends exhibitions. He is still an active modeller.

Here are a few of his 0 gauge figures (he also has 00 footplate crew) at our club work day earlier today.

IMG_4005.JPG.3afcaab0ea689b5a68c4d1b559e8d8c6.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG.db2b00cd8303adf7055d53cc5c503284.JPG

Contact details - provided with permission are as follows:

IMG_4002.JPG.0722c509544928d9fef7e33e4ad408aa.JPG

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a little update to say I've had a pack of £140 worth of figures posted on trust, for approval, which of course I've paid immediately.  Always a pleasure dealing with Martin and I always have a smile on my face after talking on the phone, he's such a gent.

I've used plenty of ModelU figures and they're a great product.  However, they're supplied unpainted and are also a bit taller than Falcon Figures making them a bit tricky for some cabs, so I keep a supply of both handy.

• Like 1