Radley Models.

PhilJ W

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Really want to order a sheet of their 2mm scale London Transport transfers but the flat rate of postage (£7.00) is understandably putting me off a bit...  Do they do shows?

• Friendly/supportive 1

I don't believe Phil Radley has much appetite left for exhibitions so that's no longer a realistic expectation. I'd suggest phoning or emailing him. His website has always been rather user-unfriendly and inflexible, but that doesn't apply to Phil himself so I'm sure he'll give you a cheaper postage rate.

• Like 2

On 31/08/2021 at 21:37, Broadway Clive said:

I don't believe Phil Radley has much appetite left for exhibitions so that's no longer a realistic expectation. I'd suggest phoning or emailing him. His website has always been rather user-unfriendly and inflexible, but that doesn't apply to Phil himself so I'm sure he'll give you a cheaper postage rate.

Phil plans to be at the Reading O gauge trade show at beginning of December but that's the only show I'm aware of this year. The website [as Clive says] is being overhauled and most business is conducted over the phone .

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Another plaudit for Phil at Radley models.  After a lovely chat exploring what was available- not only did he supply two 00 LT 30 ton General Purpose opens delivered within 1 day of ordering- he also provided advice on correct Cambrian Bogies, and Alan Gibson Wheelsets.  A lovely approachable chap.  First rate.  I'll be back for more.

Also Peters Spares - and Eileen's Emporium-the former providing Bogies and Modelmaster LT Wagon transfers by return, and the latter the correct Alan Gibson  wheelsets again by return.

See so many moans on here about suppliers - just want to say "Hats off" to all 3 who are all worthy of your support.  

Super service.  One satisfied customer x3.

Best regards

Matt Wood

Edited by D826
English !
  • Like 3