Peco Rail Cross-Sectional Drawings or Dimensions?

JSModels

• RMweb Premium

I'm after a couple of different sizes of flat-bottomed rail for a project, and wondered if anyone had drawings or dimensions for the various different rail profiles Peco sell? I've emailed Peco asking, but had no response...

TempRail.jpg.12c297fea62e6d1b68147a86a9382922.jpg

The ones I'm after are:

Part No.      Code       Height A     Head Width B    Foot Width C

IL-1               60              1.57                 0.76                  1.24

IL-70             70

IL-3               75

IL-4               80

IL-83             83

As you can see, I managed to find IL-1 dimensions online, but failed to find any of the others! I can't even measure any, as the only track I have at the moment is bullhead. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Jonathan,

A is the code size in inches. i.e. Code 75 is 0.075" high (1.9mm).

Martin.

Martin,

Thanks - I was just about to edit my post to say I'm aware of that, but:

a) it's not always exactly the case (for example, 60 thou is 1.524mm, but code 60 rail is 1.57mm - though why I'm fretting over 0.046mm is anyone's guess!) and;

b) it's more the head and foot widths that I need.

But thank you for your reply anyway.

Jonathan

• Like 1

Hi Johnathan,

Mind how you go with those numbers from Peco. I happened to notice an error in the Code 83 numbers. The metric and imperial numbers don't agree with each other for the B dimension. I would assume the metric value is correct and the conversion to imperial has an error but it could be the other way round :scratchhead:  There may be other errors too.

Cheers,

Andy

• Informative/Useful 1

Looking at these rail dimensions I assume that Peco rail has different dimensions to Exactoscle's 75BH N/Silver rail. Does anyone have contact details for Exactoscle, I would like to find out what their dimensions are for their track.

Tom.

• 1 year later...

Not sure there is currently such a thing as Exactoscale 75BH rail. 75BH rail is available from EMGS and Scalefour in both Nickel Silver and Steel, there are of course others. Exactoscale chairs etc are available from the various societies only, you need to be a member of the relevant society.