Source of 9mm wheels

Does anyone know of a UK supplier with any Alan Gibson 9mm disc wheels in stock. I require four axles of the three hole type and two axles of plain discs on 1.5mm diameter axles.  I have spoken to Colin Seymour at Alan Gibson, but they have none in stock and do not expect to be making any more until the Autumn at the earliest. Colin suggested the 3mm Society, who appear to have some three hole type wheels in stock, but their website indicates that they will only supply paid up members.  I am aware of some European and American manufacturers, but they all appear to have only one wheel insuated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Gordon A said:

Have you tried Wizard Models?

Thanks for that Gordon. I did look at them a while ago, and following your suggestion, have taken a second look at their catalogue. Unfortunately, the smallest wheels they seem to do are 10.5mm dia. I suspect that my best best would be someone who specializes in 3mm scale models, but apart from the 3mm Society, who do not sell to non members, I cannot think of any commercial suppliers.

Thanks, I have looked at them, their price for Alan Gibson wheels is a bit on the high side, not to mention £7.50 postage for six wheelsets.

Edited by Guest

I have just come across these :-  "KIT OO GAUGE SET OF 4 3 HOLE DISC WHEELS TYPE 2". Has anyone heard of them? There are some advertised on ebay, and there is another web page advertising them, but despite several emails, I have been unable to establish the wheel size, does anyone know the size, I have never come across a manufacturer named "Kit"

image.png.a4e7618d3c287ed9ea604b0b87e04046.png

Yes, I did wonder, except that the ebayer is selling a lot of  TT railway stuff, so if these are also TT the wheels, they could just be 9mm.

23 hours ago, Nile said:

Are you just after wheels, regardless of gauge?

Yes, I need some 9mm dia wheels with three holes. The 9mm wheels produced by Colin Seymour at Gibsons are TT scale on 1.5mm axles, which may need to be re-mounted onto longer axles.  I need them to install into two 00 gauge models of the K&ESR Ford railcar, which has an inboard chassis of limited depth.

The Markits catalogue lists 9mm wheels on 1.5mm 00 gauge axles, but they do not appear to have any in stock, and are not replying to email enquiries.

Edited by Guest

If you've e mailed Markits wait a few days, I needed some 16mm wheelsets last week, it took him a few days to reply (and when he did he quoted me £354.61 for ONE axel, lol, apparently he had "sticky fingers" should have been £4.62.

18 hours ago, Nile said:

Dundas Models are still listing Markits 9mm wheels, both 009 and 00n3.

9mm 00n3 wheels

Yes, Thanks.  I have seen those, but they are plain discs.  I want 9mm wheels with three holes, which Markits list on their "recent products page"

Edited by Guest

On 24/04/2021 at 09:46, MikeTrice said:

www.3smr.co.uk ?

After further extensive searching, I have established that 9mm wheels are a bit like hen's teeth at the moment. with only two suppliers advertizing the wheels I need.  The 3mm Society will not sell to non members, so I have bitten the bullet and contacted www.3smr.co.uk. They were very helpful and despite having only just moved premises, have undertaken to let me know which of my selection they have in stock. The converasation suggested that they will be able to supply my requirements. Oh and postage for small items is only £4.50, not £7.50 as previously assumed. Here's hoping for a successful outcome, and many thanks to all the people who offered suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2021 at 02:30, Smudge617 said:

If you've e mailed Markits wait a few days, I needed some 16mm wheelsets last week, it took him a few days to reply (and when he did he quoted me £354.61 for ONE axel, lol, apparently he had "sticky fingers" should have been £4.62.

I gave up waiting for a reply to my email, so I decided to phone, and after a number of abortive attempts, I finally got hold of Mark. He has a strange sales manner which could easily be taken as dismissive, but following several clarifications, I managed to place an order for all the wheel sets I required, which I confirmed by email. Since then all has gone quiet again. I guess I should give it another week before contacting him again. It's a good job I am in no immediate hurry for the wheels.

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

Just to update, after two more phone calls, the wheels arrived recently, and they are exactly what I need.

Good :)

A retailer who usually stocks Markits parts was waiting over a year for some items they had ordered so you did well!