C2X Chassis

Nick C

• RMweb Gold

I've just posted an ad in the wanted section, but thought I'd post here in case anyone else has a better idea...

I've just picked up an old NuCast C2X kit without a chassis, and want to find a suitable RTR chassis to pop under it (I don't seem to be able to make a chassis that runs well). I believe the correct wheelbase is 8'0" + 8'0", with 5'0" wheels - so in 4mm, 20mm dia  at 32 + 32mm.

Other SR options are the 700 (5'1", 7'6"+9'0") or C (5'2", 8'0"+8'6"), neither of which really fit. The 4F is the same as the C, the GW locos also seem to all have unequal wheelbase.

I think the closest I can find is the Hornby J15, 4'11" at a total of 16'1" - anything else I've missed?

• RMweb Premium

Nick, If you can't find a RTR Chassis and don't want to build one then ask Dave at SEF  if he could supply a suitable chassis, parts and wheels and have it built for you. Sadly the cost of wheels + the chassis + motor/gearbox and build is going to be quite expensive compared to a RTR one, but it should look good in comparison.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
forgot gearbox & motor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/05/2021 at 15:30, Mallard60022 said:

Nick, If you can't find a RTR Chassis and don't want to build one then ask Dave at SEF  if he could supply a suitable chassis, parts and wheels and have it built for you. Sadly the cost of wheels + the chassis + motor/gearbox and build is going to be quite expensive compared to a RTR one, but it should look good in comparison.

Phil

Thanks Phil - Jack P has suggested the same, and I've bought a chassis from Dave. Now trying to muster up the courage to have a go at it following some helpful YouTube videos Jack sent me.