Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Peter Farley - PDF Models

SteveyDee68

Reading through the garden railways entries on RMWeb, my attention was directed towards the website for PDF Models. Imagine my shock, therefore, to read on the webpage that Peter Farley had suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. It is often unclear how up to date a webpage may be, but a link to a justgiving.com entry revealed that the page was set up only 13 days ago, so this is very recent.

From the justgiving page in question, by Andrew Gadd - 

Peter suffered a massive stroke and was taken to Charing Cross hospital and following tests his family were advised that the damage to his brain was extensive.

He was best known as the driving force behind PDF Models, a business he set up with his father some six years ago. Since that time, his inspired designs have had a major impact on the garden railway community, and I doubt there [are] many modellers in the larger scales who have not heard of Peter & his wonderful models. His enthusiasm, drive, and energy within our sphere of enjoyment will be sorely missed. 

Link to the justgiving page found at pdf-models.co.uk

Very sad indeed.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Administrators

Andrew has written a short obituary for Peter in the June issue of Garden Rail. We've featured several of his amazing kits in the past, and as a tribute, there will be a "Skylark" build in July.

A great loss to the hobby.