Options to improve older Graham Farish 57?

I have an old style GraFar 57 (57011 in Freightliner Green Livery) that I am due to repaint into DRS livery which fits more with my layout time period.  It was picked up off eBay several years ago relatively cheaply and so I am using it is a learning tool for modifying my stock.  I have already undertaken the DCC conversion.

I appreciate it is quite a simple body and so will never match modern versions, but I think I can make a few improvements.  

The bogies however appear to be a bigger issue as they are very simplistic.  I have searched the internet and RMWeb but cannot see that anyone else has attempted to modify one of these models?  

If anyone has any experience, or has seen someone else undertake this, I would be grateful for links to any posts etc...

Thanks.

I used to do a Class 57 detailing kit, long since unavailable though. While it did address the missing features (reshaped roof section with exhaust, cutaway bufferbeams, bogie-mounted sandboxes, some other smaller details) it was still largely the Poole model. While it can't compare with what's made now it could look half reasonable.

oldFarish57upgrade1.jpg.ba46064ddbbbd62fd8606b320906b6c9.jpg

oldFarish57upgrade2.jpg.9b802e89bec52650dc36bf5cf6f146a5.jpg

• Like 1