DCC Train Automation

Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Has anyone here used DCC Train Automation products at all? I'm specifically interested in their DTx turntable index unit, and how it actually does the indexing. I couldn't find a reference to that in the video below (though I could have missed it).

https://www.dcctrainautomation.co.uk/dtx-turntable-control-electronics.html

On 01/05/2021 at 18:00, Ian J. said:

Hi,

Has anyone here used DCC Train Automation products at all? I'm specifically interested in their DTx turntable index unit, and how it actually does the indexing. I couldn't find a reference to that in the video below (though I could have missed it).

https://www.dcctrainautomation.co.uk/dtx-turntable-control-electronics.html

this is a subject I’m looking in depth at this moment, one question what manufacturer of turntable are you using? The reason I ask is something you need to take into consideration is the degree off set of the outlet Spurs.

• RMweb Premium

I'm using a Peco LK-55 at the moment (that could change but probably won't). I'm not sure what you mean by 'degree off set of the outlet Spurs'...?

My hope is that the physical indexing of the central spindle is achieved with something like an indexing disc attached on the underside. If that's so, then it should be possible to fit such a thing to the Peco spindle.

3 hours ago, Ian J. said:

I'm using a Peco LK-55 at the moment (that could change but probably won't). I'm not sure what you mean by 'degree off set of the outlet Spurs'...?

My hope is that the physical indexing of the central spindle is achieved with something like an indexing disc attached on the underside. If that's so, then it should be possible to fit such a thing to the Peco spindle.

maybe my terminology is wrong, what I mean about degree off set is the amount of degrees from one road to the next. I assumed ( my bad) you were talking about the one they do from dinasys which is for a fleischmann tt and has a fixed offset of 7 degrees. Looking at the video now I know what your talking about, I looked at this aswell some  time ago, they didn’t know when they would be back in stock. They are not even listed on there web site even now as in stock and only as pre order.

Looks ideal for hidden sidings,.  The issue it doesn't address is keeping the deck indexed to the motor, slipping a couple of degrees or a few degrees slop in the mechanism is all too common.   For a visibe turntable, especially a steam era one it swings rather too slowly, and they didnt index, two or three attempts to get it aiigned so the locking bar would engage was quite normal.    Some full size turntables had the exit rails interlaced and others a complete row of exits with right hand rail of one being spliced to the left hand rail of the next.

15 hours ago, Ian J. said:

as I suspected the dtx controller is not available yet 

• RMweb Premium

I did notice that they were pre-order, but I assumed that meant they had existed at some time before, especially considering that the video shows the PC date in 2019.

I will have to contact them directly and ask about both how the spindle is physically indexed, and also if/when the unit would become available.

Edit: I've sent a message using the contact form on the website asking about the physical indexing and availability. I'll reply here if/when I get a reply.

Edited by Ian J.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Dont seem to be responding to calls or contact form at moment. Ordered 2 items nearly 3 weeks ago, no notice of delivery or sign of items. Main contact number is disconnected and secondary goes to not available.

I have just phoned them with no issues

• Informative/Useful 1

http://Www.dcctrainautomation.co.uk

Hello Guys

James here from DCC Train Automation

we are open and very busy. Sorry you could not get through we have three phone lines but even then are struggling to keep up with demand. We have two phone numbers showing on the top right hand corner of the website home page.

Some not all Vodafone uses can not use the main one. We have tried to sort this but Vodafone are not helping as with this.

but the other number is available.

If we are in the phone please just try a gain later. We will answer. 
So You all know office hours are 

Tuesday to Friday 9:30 to 17:30

Saturday 10:30 to 15:00

We are in on Mondays but always very busy after the weekends sales.

re the turn table DTX we will have more about this later. 
Many Thanks

james

www.dcctrainautomation.co.uk

F459043D-CCB3-486D-9AD8-9475FF839117.jpeg

Edited by Jamesr
Extra information
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 03/05/2021 at 21:31, Ian J. said:

Hello 

when we developed the DTx we designed it to work with the Peco turntable firstly. But any turntable with a spindle coming down through the bridge we can control with the DTx. It was a development with a buisness patterned in the Netherlands. 
There are doing some

updates on it at the moment that is why it is only pre order. 
but please contact as and can give you more information.

we reply to all emails but we have been told some emails from

use end up in junk mail.

Sorry about this.

Many Thanks

James

DCC Train Automation

• RMweb Premium

Hi James,

Thanks for replying here. I tried using the contact form on your website, but I haven't had a reply. Can I take it that that communication channel isn't working at the moment?

I'm happy to converse here, either a thread like this, or via PM if you'd prefer.

Please send me email at info@dcctrainautomation.co.uk

the contract from is working we reply to loads every day.

your might have got miss or did not get through I am sorry if this is the case. But again we do get a lot of emails.

Talking about the TT DTx is best in the phone though. 

james