NER freight livery

I'm wanting to purchase a Hornby Raven 0-8-0 and re-livery it for NER days. (Given the shift into pre-grouping in RTR, I wonder why Hornby did not include this livery in the first place.) But I can find no sources. Can anyone point me to the lettering, numbering and positioning for NER goods locos?

Thanks

Tim.

• RMweb Gold

This photo is from a collection which seems to have been photographed around 1920 - 1925. If there is lining it is very faint. Boiler bands can look as if they are lined when it is just the light and shade on their contours.

The class S has been added to show the spacing of the N #### E on the tender.

NER cl T2 0 8 0 LNER cl Q6 2272 contrast up.jpg

NER class S 460 743 LNER B13 743 no date or loc.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

This photo is from a collection which seems to have been photographed around 1920 - 1925. If there is lining it is very faint. Boiler bands can look as if they are lined when it is just the light and shade on their contours.

The class S has been added to show the spacing of the N #### E on the tender.

NER cl T2 0 8 0 LNER cl Q6 2272 contrast up.jpg

NER class S 460 743 LNER B13 743 no date or loc.jpg

These are really nice/useful images. Thanks. The buffer beam looks to carry a style very similar to the LNER - shaded with highlights. But I'm struggling with the tender. The letters/numbers do look plain. Gold, or yellow? But on the S class, I can persuade myself there is some shading on the E, though I wouldn't put money on it. And why so different across buffer beam and tender?