Bachmann HNRC Class 20/3s

Dicky L

• RMweb Gold

I haven’t seen a thread for the HNRC 20s on here, so I thought I would take the opportunity to start one. 

I received two 20311 this week with a view to getting one renumbered to 20314. Prior to the renumber and Weathering I decided to upgrade the speakers. I have found that the Rail Exclusive Baby Boomer is a perfect fit and the results have surpassed my expectations. 

I have previously been critical of the Bachmann for not having working marker lights on this model along with the lack of speaker space, I almost cancelled my pre-order because of this. Whilst I am still disappointed with the marker light situation the Baby Boomer replacing the factory fitted speakers has made the sound immense in my opinion and this really is a great model from Bachmann.

42DCB850-509B-428C-9DEF-A3E19121191E.jpeg

B4937141-C1D6-4E87-ADF5-BA7A408D2AB0.jpeg

3D61169D-3E87-4542-B1D7-91BB6CCFDADF.jpeg

Edited by Dicky L
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

With Bachmanns announcement of 20314 yesterday I am sure many others like myself purchased 2 x 311 to renumber one of them. It seems to make little sense to release the  2 separately when these locos normally operate as a pair.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

With Bachmanns announcement of 20314 yesterday I am sure many others like myself purchased 2 x 311 to renumber one of them. It seems to make little sense to release the  2 separately when these locos normally operate as a pair.

I’m surprised another compass didnt join it.

That would have bowled me as I have 4 of them to renumber !

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

They are probably saving that one for Autumn 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they release one of the early modified ones without the top headlight.

Slightly derailing the thread but I'd like to see the other GBRF liveried 20 done...  then it can join my 20901

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, MRGREWCOCK said:

Rails Of Sheffield email just received stating that HNRC 20314 is now in Stock.  Is that right?  Didnt think was due until July?

That’s right showing in stock on the website

Got the email to say rails had got them so I can only assume that they are in stock and other places will get them soon.

Looks like that's me emptying my wallet again...

• 7 months later...

I have just updated the speakers in my HNRC pair and what a difference in sound quality.

I followed the advice of Richard on Roads and Rails and fitted two mini mega base speakers in each loco (Richard demonstrates fitting on YouTube).

if you want to hear result, I have posted a couple of clips on Instagram (johnclark568)

John

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1