Bachmann Summer 2021 - New products - New 24/0

AY Mod

1 minute ago, 96701 said:

I thought this was the 24/0 thread.

Since that bit of the thread title comes third, it's easily overlooked.

Does it matter? Clearly, there is nothing particular to post concerning the 24/0 at present.

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, cctransuk said:

Since that bit of the thread title comes third, it's easily overlooked.

Does it matter? Clearly, there is nothing particular to post concerning the 24/0 at present.

John Isherwood.

Of course it matters, otherwise their would only be one thread for Bachmann stuff. If people are interested in other stuff, they'll miss other people's posts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Of course it matters, otherwise their would only be one thread for Bachmann stuff. If people are interested in other stuff, they'll miss other people's posts.

I'm just enjoying the chit-chat.

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

My reading of the title is that it is for a thread concerning Bachmann’s Summer 2021 new products, with the 24/0 mentioned next, and hence subsequently in order of importance, because it is the only new tooling being released at this time that was not previously announced.  It is the only thread on which the Summer releases can be discussed, including the 24/0. 

There may be other valid ways to interpret the title, but this is my understanding of it.  The precise meaning is open to interpretation. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

My reading of the title is that it is for a thread concerning Bachmann’s Summer 2021 new products, with the 24/0 mentioned next, and hence subsequently in order of importance, because it is the only new tooling being released at this time that was not previously announced.  It is the only thread on which the Summer releases can be discussed, including the 24/0. 

There may be other valid ways to interpret the title, but this is my understanding of it.  The precise meaning is open to interpretation. 

Exactly.  The post was created by Andy Y and listed new stuff including the "skinhead" 24 as well as V2s etc. Because 24s and 25s are my fave diesels I would prefer a dedicated thread charting the progress and piccies of the Bachmann models, but that would involve a lot of donkey work for Andy to carve this thread up.  Perhaps when more development is made the models can have their own thread. 

EDIT

Incidentally describing the "skinhead" 24 as a 24/0 runs the same risk as describing the headcoded 24 as a 24/1.  The first fifty D5000-D5049 were TOPS designated 24/0 then D5050-D5150 were designated 24/1 of which D5114-D5150 were headcoded.   

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 96701 said:

I thought this was the 24/0 thread.

I think you have a point. Once I had the information from Bachmann, I couldn’t remember which thread the discussion was in. I’ve stuck the information in the V2 thread, which is the obvious place for it. I can’t deny that I’ve enjoyed the rambles, though!

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Exactly.  The post was created by Andy Y and listed new stuff including the "skinhead" 24 as well as V2s etc. Because 24s and 25s are my fave diesels I would prefer a dedicated thread charting the progress and piccies of the Bachmann models, but that would involve a lot of donkey work for Andy to carve this thread up.  Perhaps when more development is made the models can have their own thread. 

EDIT

Incidentally describing the "skinhead" 24 as a 24/0 runs the same risk as describing the headcoded 24 as a 24/1.  The first fifty D5000-D5049 were TOPS designated 24/0 then D5050-D5150 were designated 24/1 of which D5114-D5150 were headcoded.   

Maybe someone can start a new thread and transfer the main details from the OP such as the photos?

That's what normally happens.

I bumped the Compound thread as I was trying to get people to post in that instead of everything getting lost in here.   :)

There is also the problem that some items that are interesting have been virtually ignored. Including the bogs....

PS I'm not volunteering. :prankster:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The new class 24 review in Hornby magazine (issue 170).Page 87.has a view of the cassis block moulding showing a moulding of the6LDA28A Power unit side & also the traction motor blowersThis detail will not be visible unfortunately .Which provokes the the thought hopefully Bachmann will produce a 25\2 variant with its engine room windows some of this detail will be visible. More so when possibly engine room lights are included.

1 hour ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

The new class 24 review in Hornby magazine (issue 170).Page 87.has a view of the cassis block moulding showing a moulding of the6LDA28A Power unit side & also the traction motor blowers

Been there since day one of the Mk1 version.

Bachmann & SLW compared.

535965096_Bmann-2020-24-036-EditSm.jpg.69302765f9498c477aa64995f59daece.jpg

Edited by Porcy Mane
Forgot to add my pic.
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Been there since day one of the Mk1 version.

Bachmann & SLW compared.

535965096_Bmann-2020-24-036-EditSm.jpg.69302765f9498c477aa64995f59daece.jpg

The engine Governor too i see and electrical cubical together with radiator elements.Many thanks.Such is keeping up with your manufacturing competitors.

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
typo

9 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

The new class 24 review in Hornby magazine (issue 170).Page 87.has a view of the cassis block moulding showing a moulding of the6LDA28A Power unit side & also the traction motor blowersThis detail will not be visible unfortunately .Which provokes the the thought hopefully Bachmann will produce a 25\2 variant with its engine room windows some of this detail will be visible. More so when possibly engine room lights are included.

Bachmann announced their class 25s in a catalogue a couple of years ago. IIRC there were three examples listed, one of which showed 25060 in BFYE TOPS as a real photograph. Now when I went to school 25060 was a 25/1 with the body side air intakes and sealed up nose gangways. From memory the other two class 5 models were actually representing the cantrail gtilles and deep middle windscreens of most 25/2 (excluding 218-247) and all 25/3.

7 hours ago, Covkid said:

Bachmann announced their class 25s in a catalogue a couple of years ago. IIRC there were three examples listed, one of which showed 25060 in BFYE TOPS as a real photograph. Now when I went to school 25060 was a 25/1 with the body side air intakes and sealed up nose gangways. From memory the other two class 5 models were actually representing the cantrail gtilles and deep middle windscreens of most 25/2 (excluding 218-247) and all 25/3.

Thank you I am aware..BUT since the Bachmann announce of intent .Two companies have tooled the same loco with one already available.

Then this year without any pre announcement  , a retooled class 24 comes along with no hint via the "works report "section of the Bachmann collectors club magazine .

Bachmann have taken a different marketing policy with quarterly announcements as we all know. Who knows what Gem will turn up next in re-tool forum.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Covkid said:

IIRC there were three examples listed, one of which showed 25060 in BFYE TOPS as a real photograph.

Some clarification in the first post in this thread.

12 hours ago, Covkid said:

The Bachmann website now shows this as being 25057

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/class-25-1-25057-br-blue/32-340

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bluedepot said:

when is the autumn announcement then??  start of august? 

I expect so. Last one was start of May.

Unless the shipping situation has meant they won't have much to announce so they postpone (given the idea is a less than 3 month lead time)?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/07/2021 at 19:38, bluedepot said:

when is the autumn announcement then??  start of august? 

August seems a bit early to be talking about Autumn! But that is when the next announcement is due.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

August seems a bit early to be talking about Autumn! But that is when the next announcement is due.

The start of the 4th Quarter is Sept , & given pervious Quarterly announcements are in first week of said quarter, were see 

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
typo

17 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

The start of the 4th Quarter is Sept , & given pervious Quarterly announcements are in first week of said quarter, were see 

The quarterly announcements have been: February 20 & 21 (Spring), May 20 & 21 (Summer), August 20 (Autumn) & November 20 (Winter). So the next announcement will be the Autumn 2021 announcements in August.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

The quarterly announcements have been: February 20 & 21 (Spring), May 20 & 21 (Summer), August 20 (Autumn) & November 20 (Winter). So the next announcement will be the Autumn 2021 announcements in August.

summer 2021 range was announced may 5th 

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

summer 2021 range was announced may 5th 

Which again points to the beginning of August for the 3rd one. They are roughly every 3 months. They are in the months Paul.Uni mentioned for 2020, and as he pointed out, 2021 has been the same so far. I would expect it early August.