Bachmann Summer 2021 - New products - New 24/0

AY Mod

1 minute ago, BR Blue said:

Which again points to the beginning of August for the 3rd one. They are roughly every 3 months. They are in the months Paul.Uni mentioned for 2020, and as he pointed out, 2021 has been the same so far. I would expect it early August.

i am a member of the collectors club & don't recall advanced dates being listed. Considering the pandemic & it's knock on effects Bachmann have done very well to deliver what they have when they can so i think we should still be open minded with regards to the date and not use last years date as a barometer for release.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann have been pretty consistent with their dates throughout the pandemic. They might decide to tie in the announcement date with some other event as they have done in the past. Otherwise, I see no reason not to expect an announcement in early August as Bachmann said they were going to make quarterly announcements and that is exactly what they have done. Delays may determine what and how much they announce but not the fact the are going to make an announcement. To be honest I am not expecting much in the August announcement but am willing to be pleasantly surprised. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Bachmann have been pretty consistent with their dates throughout the pandemic. They might decide to tie in the announcement date with some other event as they have done in the past. Otherwise, I see no reason not to expect an announcement in early August as Bachmann said they were going to make quarterly announcements and that is exactly what they have done. Delays may determine what and how much they announce but not the fact the are going to make an announcement. To be honest I am not expecting much in the August announcement but am willing to be pleasantly surprised. 

Agree

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/07/2021 at 11:06, Paul.Uni said:

According to the Bachmann website the BR Green Class 24 locos, National Benzole Tank Wagon and the OO9 gauge green carriage have arrived.

And the red narrow gauge carriage. All arrived at Monk Bar Modelshop today along with 3 Peaks plus DCC sound variations.

• Informative/Useful 2

Picked up a green SYE DC loco this morning, from a well known NW retailer. First impressions are good, it will be a nice match for a couple of recent class 24/1 renumbers(5149 green SYE & 5145 blue just before it suffered accident damage). I intend to remove the white stripe retain the SYE and renumber to either 5031 or 5058 and add a Zimo decoder. I don't intend to get a blue one at the moment as I have 3 SLW examples from the 5099 batch and a single 24081(now renumberd as 24035). I was a bit annoyed with Bachmann and their choice of blue class 24 when they chose 035! However every cloud, it does make a class 25/0 conversion easier as I can just juggle Baccy chassis around if I choose to do another 25/0 conversion.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, w124bob said:

Picked up a green SYE DC loco this morning, from a well known NW retailer. First impressions are good, it will be a nice match for a couple of recent class 24/1 renumbers(5149 green SYE & 5145 blue just before it suffered accident damage). I intend to remove the white stripe retain the SYE and renumber to either 5031 or 5058 and add a Zimo decoder. I don't intend to get a blue one at the moment as I have 3 SLW examples from the 5099 batch and a single 24081(now renumberd as 24035). I was a bit annoyed with Bachmann and their choice of blue class 24 when they chose 035! However every cloud, it does make a class 25/0 conversion easier as I can just juggle Baccy chassis around if I choose to do another 25/0 conversion.

As you have some SLW versions as well, I’m interested to know (as I’m sure are many others on here) as to how near the Baccy one gets? 

I couldn’t criticise it for not meeting SLW standards but it certainly looks pretty good. Only £30 in it in real terms but for me a 24/0 would only be an occasional visitor so it may make sense. I have a SLW 24/1 on order so it would need to stand up and score fairly well in the comparison stakes.

many thanks

• RMweb Gold
On 30/07/2021 at 18:58, SHerr said:

As you have some SLW versions as well, I’m interested to know (as I’m sure are many others on here) as to how near the Baccy one gets? 

I couldn’t criticise it for not meeting SLW standards but it certainly looks pretty good. Only £30 in it in real terms but for me a 24/0 would only be an occasional visitor so it may make sense. I have a SLW 24/1 on order so it would need to stand up and score fairly well in the comparison stakes.

many thanks

I’m collecting each main type of 24 and 25, so got myself a 24/1 a month or two back. I was so impressed that I have Experiment on order. I missed the SLW one, alas but this looks almost as good. The decision is to be made on whether to go for the SLW or Bachmann 25/1 when they’re released.

Edited by 97406

TOP Bachmann                                                                                                                                                                                                                            BOTTOM SLW

stroppy2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

L/H Bachmann R\H SLW

stroppy1.jpg

Brill, thanks for that. I think the finish (not gloss) as much as anything helps the SLW model. It also looks better around the front cowling gaps etc but a good effort by Bachmann.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

L/H Bachmann R\H SLW

stroppy1.jpg

The SLW one is about as close to perfection as you’ll get, but I’ll echo others on here re the Bachmann one, and I look forward to receiving mine, safe in the knowledge that I have an SLW Ice Cream van on order.

• RMweb Gold
On 02/08/2021 at 17:52, Suzy Sulzer said:

L/H Bachmann R\H SLW

stroppy1.jpg

There is a crispness - I hesitate to say ‘delicacy’ - to the SLW that clearly marks the model out as a class above the Bachmann version. But the Bachmann version is very good indeed and has the big advantage of being readily available. I’m very happy with my Bachmann 24/1 and am planning to add a 24/0. I wouldn’t rule out getting a SLW version in the future and I have noticed on auction sites they more than hold their value!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Well ive just watched the Sam Trains review and he has recieved a sound fitted model in a box for a standard version. Must be some sort of mix up at the factory. Wonder of this means some people who order sound fitted will get a standard model.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Well ive just watched the Sam Trains review and he has recieved a sound fitted model in a box for a standard version. Must be some sort of mix up at the factory. Wonder of this means some people who order sound fitted will get a standard model.

I was going to ask the same question - beat me to it - by an hour!

It does seem highly unusual.

Some interesting other observations as well - detailed interior you just cannot see for example.

LOVE the bogie sideframe retention - screws instead of tension clipped into place - well done.

Al.

• Agree 1

On 04/08/2021 at 03:53, RJennings said:

Noticed these track cleaner brake vans on browsing the recent USA announcements ... I wonder whether we will see these tomorrow perhaps?

Capture.JPG

Are these HO scale or really OO scale?

• Like 1