Bachmann Collectors' Club - London Transport Class 20s

AY Mod

• Moderators

BACHMANN COLLECTORS CLUB OFFERS A SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND

35-358KSF & 35-359KSF Group Shot.jpg

The Bachmann Collectors Club today unveiled its latest Limited Edition models as part of Bachmann Europe’s Summer 2021 British Railway Announcements. Produced in conjunction with the London Transport Museum, the latest offering is a pair of OO scale Class 20s in London Transport Lined Maroon livery, which come complete with SOUND FITTED.

Depicting No. 20142 ‘Sir John Betjeman’ (item No. 35-359KSF) and No. 20227 ‘Sherlock Holmes’ (35-358KSF), the models utilise the all-new Bachmann Branchline tooling for the Class 20/0 featuring working directional lights, cab interior lighting and a wealth of detail inside and out. Each model is fitted with a Zimo MX645P22 sound decoder providing realistic sounds when operated on both analogue and DCC.

The models are priced at £279.95 each and are expected to arrive in July. Bachmann Collectors Club members can place their pre-orders online via www.bachmanncollectorsclub.co.uk. New members can also join online and purchase from the growing range of Club exclusive models straight away. Pre-orders and membership enquiries can also be made by telephone on 01455 245565.

Non-sound versions of both locomotives will also be available exclusively from the London Transport Museum.

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.01.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.02.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.03.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.04.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.05.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.06.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.07.jpg

35-358KSF.DETAIL.LS.08.jpg

35-358KSF.LS.01.jpg

35-358KSF.LS.02.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.01.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.02.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.03.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.04.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.05.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.06.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.07.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.08.jpg

35-359KSF.DETAIL.LS.09.jpg

35-359KSF.LS.01.jpg

35-359KSF.LS.02.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice, although I could not afford the sound versions.

Will have a look at the London Transport Museum site for the non sound ones.

I have an original Lima model of Sir John Betjeman, although I think in a Metropolitan livery, obviously nowhere as good as these two.

All the best

Ray

Edited by wainwright1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

Very nice, although I could not afford the sound versions.

Will have a look at the London Transport Museum site for the non sound ones.

I have an original Lima model of Sir John Betjeman, although I think in a Metropolitan livery, obviously no where as good as these two.

All the best

Ray

Just checked the LTM website.

Nothing on there yet.

Ray

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slg said:

They probably couldn't be bothered tooling the 2 different light positions.

Class 20, 20227 'Sherlock Holmes'

20142 0M90

I suspect your right, but then it might add to the whole saga of Bachmann class 20s and lights... seems a pity for the model to look so good but then miss that final detail and for the prestige of the Collectors Club and the price they will be set at some will think they should have done it. 

• Agree 4

It’s a real shame they didn’t even include non-working high intensity headlights on the No1 end of these two models.

I’ve wanted a model of one or both of these two LT livery 20’s since the real ones were so painted but this is just a reason for me not to purchase one, having been so impressed with 20311.

As it is I would struggle to be able to purchase a sound fitted 20314 now so soon after the release of 20311 (thought Bachmann might wait until next year to release it).

Luckily for me they don’t always run together now!

Neither Bachmann Collectors Club website nor the LT Museum shop website have them listed to preorder yet as of 10 mins ago.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Need the nose headlight at that price... They tooled a new nose for a unique headlight position on a 37, and there are so many nose-headlight fitted 20s that at least the lower (more common) position could be tooled. Are we seeing the final production models or livery samples?

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Must admit the lacking of a nose headlight is a massive drawback, and just seems to spoil it. Like why go to all that trouble to not finish it off? It's a shame but I'm sure they will sell. Will be interesting to see if the older LT 20's drop in price on the bay...

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Er..

is it missing something a bit more distinctive onthe cab roof too..

and the cab headlight a bit lower.

I note the Sir John Betjamen has no sandboxes on the bogies too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Er..

is it missing something a bit more distinctive onthe cab roof too..

2DB8C313-70B0-4D3F-B54D-79CACFE56F4D.jpeg.54267da69a5857819dc1424ae7d43580.jpeg
and the cab headlight a bit lower.

FFFB7297-7F6E-465F-B11A-D3B3ED147507.jpeg.4b1b48859980a5dd9fc9e93c92c4fefa.jpeg

Is that cab roof modification unique to the loco? If so or if only a few have it, I can imagine the tooling cost would be too much to ever make a profit back.

Edited by Stueyboy43

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Stueyboy43 said:

Is that cab roof modification unique to the loco? If so or if only a few have it, I can imagine the tooling cost would be too much to ever make a profit back.

I thought most of them had it, its a radio pod isnt it ? Admittedly 20007 right behind does not.

The recent DRS 20’s had the pod though.

FAD0F9AB-F199-4D1E-AC65-EF57B38F56DA.jpeg.4d44775d7b5451a663a7b304cb24d167.jpeg

These photographs could always be a painted EP and not the finished article. Bachmann's track record for accuracy and detail is usually very tight... lets wait and see.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I thought most of them had it, its a radio pod isnt it ? Admittedly 20007 right behind does not.

The recent DRS 20’s had the pod though.

FAD0F9AB-F199-4D1E-AC65-EF57B38F56DA.jpeg.4d44775d7b5451a663a7b304cb24d167.jpeg

These photographs could always be a painted EP and not the finished article. Bachmann's track record for accuracy and detail is usually very tight... lets wait and see.

Good point, I didn't know that. Thanks 

Not had my collectors club newsletter yet but I note the description now on the collectors club website does say that the headlights are cab ends only, so presumably the model images are the final production versions not just livery samples and 142 will be without the radio pod.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Typo
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Not had my collectors club newsletter yet but I note the description now on the collectors club website does say that the headlights are cab ends only, so the model images are presumably final production versions and 142 will be without the radio pod.

Disappointing. Bachmann really seem to be dropping quite obvious features from some models.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, letterspider said:

Interesting announcement - hopefully a retailer may now commission Bachmann to do a Teak or Metropolitan liveried 4TC

Dont say that, I've just acquired one to have resprayed !

10 hours ago, letterspider said:

Interesting announcement - hopefully a retailer may now commission Bachmann to do a Teak or Metropolitan liveried 4TC

Or the current London Transport livery, along with Florence Nightingale the LMS Inspection Saloon.