Bachmann Collectors' Club - London Transport Class 20s

AY Mod

17 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

One assumes then that there is no nose end tooling with a high intensity headlight in the correct place(s), such as fitted to the class 20/0 examples still running around on the network, which is going to be forthcoming in the future - otherwise they would have done so already for these particular LT models (or could have delayed doing the LT models until the correct tooling was ready).

From that it would follow that Bachmann probably do not intend to offer more models of the most recent liveries of class 20/0 (not accurate ones anyway) and we will just have to hope Accurascale or SLW can produce them sometime in the future.

I suspect that there isnt a tooling end for the 20 with the headlight, but its also clear that they can be swapped so could be done. However, you can understand not given the fact that its probably just needed for one engine. 

What gets me is Bachmann describing things as lit and working - but the lights are not working properly (including on 20/3). Anyone able to confirm if the headlight on the cab front works, or has done on ones tooled up with it in the same place? 

The livery application of these is great, but this is essentially an old tooled class 20, with sound in some cases and then coming with a massive price tag...  will be interesting to see if some want it that much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

The livery application of these is great, but this is essentially an old tooled class 20, with sound in some cases and then coming with a massive price tag...  will be interesting to see if some want it that much. 

The collector club magazine says "Utilising the all-new  ... tooling..."

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

.... Anyone able to confirm if the headlight on the cab front works, or has done on ones tooled up with it in the same place? .....

Hi Black Hat. I asked questions about the lights back in Feb when the new tooling was announced for the Blue and Railfreight 20/0s. The response covers both disc and domino headcode locos. Bit about the headlight is shown in bold below. 

PJ10

On 24/02/2021 at 16:52, PJ10 said:

Hi Roy,

I got the following response from Bachmann when I asked this question:

Thank you for your interest in our products.

I am pleased to confirm that the Class 20/0 locomotives which feature disc headcodes will have four operational white headcode lights at the leading end and two red lights at the trailing end. A selection of headcode discs are supplied with each model allowing the consumer to have open or closed discs on each headcode light as per their individual requirements (our publicity photos show two closed discs fitted to the outer pair of headcode lights and thus these two lights are not visible in those photos). The models also feature a working interior cab light. The lights at each end can be turned on/off independently of each other via DCC or using the switches mounted under the chassis. In addition, the high intensity headlight fitted to the cab of 35-357SF can also be controlled independently via DCC function.

I am also pleased to confirm that the headcode lights will be ‘warm white’ on the production models, rather than the ‘bright white’ as seen on the sample that was used for photography purposes to provide a more realistic product.

And very good news that the lights will be changed to warm white. I hope this can be applied to other appropriate models. Both positive developments from Bachmann.

PJ10

• 4 weeks later...

I also vote for a LT maroon 4-TC! But the inspection saloon has had a new roof and a bogie swap since Bachmann last released. 

LTM at their open day, told  me pre-orders have been very good for these two. I used my 10% to buy some other things, and within the box was a 15% off voucher. The LTM is a gift that keeps on giving! 

On 09/06/2021 at 11:32, 159220 said:

I also vote for a LT maroon 4-TC! But the inspection saloon has had a new roof and a bogie swap since Bachmann last released. 

The LT saloon had a new everything. It was stripped down to main frame and timber body framing and rebuilt from there.

Edited by Simon Bendall

• 1 month later...

Bachmanns Collectors Club email today says the Collectors Club ones are expected to arrive in the UK the last week of August; presumably the same applies for the LT Museum ones, and envisage purchasers receiving them in the first half of September.

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 27/07/2021 at 20:34, Butler Henderson said:

Bachmanns Collectors Club email today says the Collectors Club ones are expected to arrive in the UK the last week of August; presumably the same applies for the LT Museum ones, and envisage purchasers receiving them in the first half of September.

Bachmann late as usual then, no suprises there haha.

cheers for info.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2021 at 21:06, Butler Henderson said:

In the circumstances of not having tooled the nose up correctly might they consider supplying a dummy lamp for the user to fit; the Replica one might be a solution but what are the chances of the yellows actually matching.

Unfortunately on the one that should have the headlight on the maroon, they appear to have printed the LT logo too low (if the original images are correct) so there won’t be room to add it retrospectively without covering some lettering. 

Even if they weren’t going to add a headlight they could have printed the logo in correct place. 

Edited by Global

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

It’s funny, there was a comment on the previous page that said a painted non-functioning headlight moulding would be a good solution. If Hornby did that, they would be absolutely shredded for it! 

Lima used to and got away with it, and the 20 was the most premium priced diesel in the hobby at the time.

ive got admit I think we are starting to see the men separating from the boys a bit recently… the 20/24 (and Heljan 25 and Dapol 59) seem to be in the 2000’s league compared to the likes of the 66, 68 and forthcoming 47, plus Accurascales promises.. are we entering a new era of technical detail or merely catching up with Europe and the US ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

The lack of info about delays is pretty annoying tbf.  Especially if like me you bought the LTM ones and they took the full amount with nothing to show for it.

Agree, if I have time I might try and call LTM to ask, will post here if I hear any new information

• Like 2

From the latest Bachmann Collectors Club email which dropped today;

For those of you who have ordered the Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition London Transport Class 20/0s in OO scale, or our new OO scale DRS Mk2F Coaches, we are pleased to announce their imminent arrival and orders for these models will start to be processed later this week, ahead of dispatch from the start of next week. These models have taken a little longer than anticipated to arrive and we thank you for your patience. Whilst both Class 20s have sold out, we still have limited quantities of the DRS Coaches which will be available to order via our website in the coming days.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

23 hours ago, Railsnail said:

Mine have just arrived from LTM! Haven't opened the boxes yet... Just savouring the anticipation :D

That's great! Can I ask - did you get an email notifying you if it was coming? And what postal service was used / did you have tracking?

Just wondering when to expect mine! I also ordered from LTM.

Thank you