Bachmann Class 37 Frost Grilles - best adhesive?

I have my green Bachmann '37' just about where I want it.....

WP_20210505_20_06_23_Pro.jpg.3f6132e7eda014ce6e0fb3c6510728f2.jpg

.....just need to attach those frost grilles. But which adhesive to use on such a small contact area without making a mess? The cyano I have to hand is the fogging kind; Evo-Stik Impact is too stringy; epoxy resin.......er, no; I'm minded to try either Glue n Glaze left to go tacky, with a damp cotton bud on standby to clean up any excess, or varnish (I have a satin which is a good match to the model's surface finish). One thing I will ensure is that the etched grilles are perfectly flat, as this can only help matters.

Does anyone have a tried and tested method for getting these things attached neatly and securely?

Many thanks in advance!

Neil

Thanks for the advice guys, this was probably the method I'd have chosen because I've used it to attach a few small bits in the past, including etched Hymek numbers and plasticard footstep blanks on Class 25s, and it seems to work OK. Just wasn't sure that it would work on parts this big, but you've convinced me! 

OK, mission accomplished! The grilles were very slightly curved so needed gentle straightening, I have a piece of smoked glass (top of a long-departed MFI bedside table!) for such things. On the model I also noticed some minor burring along the bottom edge of both grille openings so carefully scraped this away with a scalpel, to get the grilles to sit flat on the body.

I had two tins of satin varnish immediately to hand, one thin but a good match to the body finish (I spot-varnished the numbers with it), the other now too thick to be useful, or so I thought (I've thinned it a few times but I think you can only do this up to a point). Turned out the thin one was too thin for use as an adhesive, as it was starting to dry faster than I could apply it all the way round; but the thicker one was just the job, and no cleaning up was necessary either. My belt n braces approach to everything meant I had to run the thin one around the edges of the attached grilles, just to be sure :rolleyes:!

WP_20210508_16_47_50_Pro.jpg.ffc2ca7605daf692efccf03f758c2c9a.jpg

I noticed that the grilles looked a slightly lighter shade of green than the body - the camera flash exaggerates this, it's not as noticeable in normal viewing.