Trainsmania exhibition - online!

ianp

The French railway magazine publisher LR Presse is staging its third Trainsmania exhibition in the next day or two: the 7th and 8th May to be precise, but online. Details can be seen here: https://www.trainsmania.com/ It is a replacement for that would have been the third such physical event. The previous two exhibitions (in 2017 and 2019) took place at the main Lille exhibition centre and were fantastic - huge and of very high quality. To be honest, the fact that a 3rd such exhibition was taking place had somehow passed me by completely, until yesterday. On both days the schedule indicates that throughout the day there are timed 45-minute sessions devoted to individual layouts, workshops, and discussions of modelling techniques: http://www.trainsmania.com/le-programme/#vendredi-7-mai-2021. I presume these have been pre-recorded. The website says the programme is not suitable for viewing on a mobile phone, only a desktop computer. But it is all free. 

The instructions say: "You just have to click, in the calendar of events, on the link of the one that interests you. You will be redirected to a virtual room which you can easily access, after entering your name, via your browser or the Zoom software if you have it installed. You can attend as long as you like and ask questions via the "Q. and R. ” at the end of the page. You can leave at any time and visit another event!"

Edited by ianp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, that has got off to a disappointing start. 1) I couldn't at first get onto the website at all. 2) I couldn't then access the sessions at all and just went round and round in circles until I twigged that I had to click directly on the words "inscription gratuite". Does that mean "click here" in French? 3) Each session is in the form of a live Zoom webinar which is being recorded. Unfortunately the picture quality of the layouts is poor. Even worse, the camera "operators" wave around their cameras (presumably their smart phones) like hose pipes.  

Edited by ianp