Accurascale Is Hiring!

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We're Hiring!

Want to work with a growing and ambitious company in the scale model manufacturing sphere? We are looking for an experienced Product Manager and Graphics Engineer to join our expanding team.

Based in Dublin, Ireland, or remotely in the UK (or indeed anywhere across the globe!) you will be joining an enthusiastic bunch who are passionate about model railways.

Got the skills? Then check out the job specs and send us on your CVs!  https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/careers

(please refer any questions about the role to the email address provided via the above link, and not on this thread. Thanks!)

Cheers! 

Fran

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

(please refer any questions about the role to the email address provided via the above link, and not on this thread. Thanks!)

I suspect that you might want to make that fine print more prominent! ;)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Based in Dublin, Ireland, or remotely in the UK (or indeed anywhere across the globe!)

If based remotely, how does the lady with the tea trolley get round (ahh, go on so)?

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Flying Pig said:

If based remotely, how does the lady with the tea trolley get round (ahh, go on so)?

We fly in tea and biscuits at 11am every day ;)

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, McC said:

We fly in tea and biscuits at 11am every day ;)

I read that only the Turkish consume more tea per head than the Irish, so it's good to hear that you're maintaining the fundamentals of your fine civilisation. 

Doesn't seem to do the models any harm either.  Good luck with your recruiting.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Flying Pig said:

I read that only the Turkish consume more tea per head than the Irish, so it's good to hear that you're maintaining the fundamentals of your fine civilisation. 

Doesn't seem to do the models any harm either.  Good luck with your recruiting.

Completely off topic: Ireland was the number 1 for tea consumption per capita in the world for many many years.

It is only in the last few years we have started to slip down the list as the number of coffee drinkers grows. 

I am off to put the kettle on :)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Though i have to begrudgingly admit to having absolutely none of the skills  or knowledge required for this post whatsoever, i would like to apply for the position of general nuisance/hanger on.  Think of Bez' contribution to the happy mondays and youll get the drift.  

Basically i would get under peoples feet, be critical that not enough models start with the number 40, eat the last biscuit - but fervently deny it and demonstrate an annoying whistling noise that all proper diesels should make, especially when their number begins with a four and a zero,  all whilst doing a weird stamping on the spot dance and playing the marraccas wildly to no specific beat.

Other benefits are that i am prepared to work for food and the occassional wagon and my wife tells me she is happy for me to relocate, preferably she says to your office in south america.

I am a very driven (to eat the last biscuit) and passionate (about marraccas) individual that would be an asset to any team.

I look forward to your reply.  

Yours faithfully

The G of IKB.

PS would i be entitled to a fresh pair of company marraccas if successful?

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Though i have to begrudgingly admit to having absolutely none of the skills  or knowledge required for this post whatsoever, i would like to apply for the position of general nuisance/hanger on.  Think of Bez' contribution to the happy mondays and youll get the drift.  

When I was at uni Bez used to hang around two pubs outside the campus of Salford uni (one of those pubs reputedly had the mondays drum kit hanging upside down from the ceiling), any way Bez would come up to Students and simply say

“hi  i’mmmm beeeez will you buy mi a DRink”..  

Funny thing was by the early 90’s some of the students would say “your who ?”

:D

Edited by adb968008
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

Graphics Engineer sounds very interesting and I have Illustrator on my traction card - unfortunately the day job playing with the big railway takes up a bit too much of my time! Plenty of tea and biscuits here, too!

Jo

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Graphics Engineer sounds very interesting and I have Illustrator on my traction card - unfortunately the day job playing with the big railway takes up a bit too much of my time! Plenty of tea and biscuits here, too!

Jo

well, if you fancy a change of career! They’re both full time full salary positions after all! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I know a guy called Dave that may be a bit handy as a product manager...........

:jester:

and no doubt pretty handy at holiday planning too ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I know a guy called Dave that may be a bit handy as a product manager...........

:jester:

So, yes, I get the reference.

But, that really is the wrong approach.  What you want to do is think strategically - find someone who wants the same models you want, and get them hired (a "trojan loco" of sorts) so that they can influence things from inside Accurascale instead of the usual forum posts asking for X...