Computer knowledge wanted !!!!

Hi guys,anyone know how I can reduce a downloaded (jpeg) 7mm image of brickpaper to 4mm and print out A4 sheets.I'm not brilliant around a computer so bear with me !!! Lol.

PROBLEM SORTED.....NO MORE REPLIES NEEDED THANK YOU.

Edited by greggieboy
no longer need item

If you open it in Microsoft Paint you can print from there, and there is a resize option which can be specified as a percentage.

7mm to 4mm is 57%, although I would however check first that the 7mm version prints correctly - it may be slightly out.

I'm not recommending Paint as a program - a lot of other image manipulation programs are more powerful and easier to use, but Paint has the advantage that if you've got WIndows, you should have it, installed as standard in Windows.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There are probably lots of ways, however this is my way which works for me.

1. Open a new word document, or other word processor package, 
  2. Now using the zoom, on Word, in the bottom left hand corner image.png.303b720630a8545599bfb5bb124e34ff.png
  3. hold a bit of A4 paper vertically up to your screen and with the zoom alter it till the document on the screen is the same width as your bit of paper.
  4. Now paste your JPEG image into the document.
  5. Using a measurement you know now make sure you have selected the image 
  6. right click and from the drop down select 'size and position
  7. Now alter the size, checking with a ruler as you go it is the right size
  8. Double check it again and then print out. Make sure you have your printer at A4 size.
  9. Re measure, I've found small alterations on size are sometimes needed.

Hope that helps

Duncan

Thanks guys....tried Michael's method but no success (probably me doing something wrong).Will give Duncan's a try tomorrow if I can work my way through the steps without making a mistake !!!

Bear in mind that, if the original 7mm scale image was designed to fit on an A4 sheet, reducing it to 4mm scale will mean that it will no longer take up a full A4 sheet when you print it out...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, johndon said:

Bear in mind that, if the original 7mm scale image was designed to fit on an A4 sheet, reducing it to 4mm scale will mean that it will no longer take up a full A4 sheet when you print it out...

So check that there isn't a setting of 'resize to fit page'!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Gimp is another free and really good image manipulation programme. It does this stuff really easily.

If you have problems, drop me a PM and I can do it fit you really quickly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ikcdab said:

Gimp is another free and really good image manipulation programme. It does this stuff really easily.

If you have problems, drop me a PM and I can do it fit you really quickly.

I'd second Gimp - used it to resize company logos to fit into small text boxes.