REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, 

As Arriva Trains Wales and Great Western Railway are the two current operators of Class 143s I would prefer these liveries. So either ATW blue or GWR green. 

I also remember seeing photos of how well you managed to get the intricate FGW Local Lines livery printed onto the 143. I also like that livery a lot too, so I will give a vote for that one as well. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Hello Danny,

I spoke to Charlie a few weeks ago and he eluded to the fact that he was busy with the class 156 project landing and was working on dispatching those. Other issues with the 142 production have been beyond his control and thus there have been some delays. While he would like the project to be continuing its a case of letting him make the best judgements and work on things, giving him our support. With the 156 arriving Im sure he will be looking to see what is done next and will let us all know what he plans to do so we can end up giving him more of our hard earned cash.

Thank you for the update. Like you say I am sure that once their something to report Charlie will tell us. 

Unfortunately I missed the first batch of 143s & 144s just because I didn't know about them until all of the liveries that I wanted had sold out. So this time obviously money permitting with so much due for release in 2020 I am hoping to buy some pacers. To be fair if they don't arrive until 2021 I won't be complaining because it gives me more time to find the money. 

The pacers will be my first ever RealTrack models and judging by the quality I am very much looking forward to ordering. Have you bought any RealTrack models before?

11 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Another run of Class 143's is planned, could miss 2020 though!  

What liveries should we do?

143620_Exmouth.jpg

Class 143 Model FGW 2.jpg

143020 Great Western.jpg

If we are talking 143s I would like FGW Local Lines, GWR Green and ATW Blue. If we are talking 144s see my comment below...

6 hours ago, 4630 said:

Hi Charlie - are you planning on another run of Class 144s as well, or just 143s?

If another run of Class 144s is planned, I'd suggest the following two liveries;

- the final full Northern Rail livery - image of 144004 at Knottingley on 6th August 2015 below.

- the debranded Northern Rail livery, as used by the current Train Operating Company, Northern.  This should be the final livery that the units carry until withdrawal next year - image of 144007 at York on 5th April 2018 below.

1638857555_1440042F65Knottingley06082015-RMweb.jpg.883a441b4c660a364e0c9f1854479c41.jpg

628900405_1440072C18York05042018-RMweb.jpg.d9c7e7155fb253e7ab65edeed3568bb5.jpg

Very good suggestion. I would really like 2/3 144s in the final full Northern livery in 2015 and from 2016 until 2020 since they have been debranded. 

Maybe if you are considering 144s as well Charlie you could do two full Northern livery as per 2015 and two in debranded Northern livery as per 2016 onwards?

I mention this because I specifically like to model the north so whilst the 143s in Wales and the South West do interest me, I have travelled on the Northern pacers most days for years, thus I would much prefer 144s to 143s. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

Original Provincial

Tyne & Wear PTE 

for me

I think these may come along with the as new Metrotrain 144’s. I and many more are patiently waiting for these! At the moment Realtrack don’t have the original bus seat interior. This will come along once the 142 project gets going.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 00:47, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for the update. Like you say I am sure that once their something to report Charlie will tell us. 

Unfortunately I missed the first batch of 143s & 144s just because I didn't know about them until all of the liveries that I wanted had sold out. So this time obviously money permitting with so much due for release in 2020 I am hoping to buy some pacers. To be fair if they don't arrive until 2021 I won't be complaining because it gives me more time to find the money. 

The pacers will be my first ever RealTrack models and judging by the quality I am very much looking forward to ordering. Have you bought any RealTrack models before?

Hello again,

Yes I've bought Realtrack models units before. It might take some saving up of funds but they are worth it. Now I'm at the point where I have to choose what I can get as prices are high, but then that only means you buy quality over quantity. I have been very fortunate that I have had a collection for years.

The class 144s in Northern were excellent if very fiddly to get into and fit with sound. I still managed. The 156 in First Scotrail Barbie livery I bought also is an excellent model. The detail on them is great and the running characteristics are very reliable. On my trackwork Im sure the 144 has a little bounce.

Charlie and his team put in a great deal of work to bring excellent products to market. He certainly has a very unique style and selling method that often I actually find quite refreshing as he is honest about what he can tell you and does give you a very fair deal and price for excellent products that far out strip similar offerings from others in the market.

I'm sure that when you save up (like me!) and get your next Realtrack 144 that it will be worth every penny and bring you a lot of fun. Glad to see your enjoying the hobby and growing in knowledge and insight.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Well the only 143s I'm interested in are the Provincial and Tyne & Wear PTE liveries, if they're ever made. The 143s spent their initial years on Tyneside before being moved away in favour of 142s.

The plan is Great Western Green & First Great Western Local Lines Blue.    Charlie

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, charliepetty said:

The plan is Great Western Green & First Great Western Local Lines Blue.    Charlie

Thank you for confirming what liveries you intend on producing on the next batch of 143s Charlie. 

With regards to the 144s have you decided if you are doing another batch of these as well? If so will this batch happen at the same time as the 143s of after the 143s have been delivered? 

Also will the 142s be produced after the 143s? 

I ask because I would prefer Northern liveried 142s & 144s if possible and if either or both are to be produced alongside the next batch of 143s then I will save up for the Northern pacers as opposed to GWR & FGW 143s. Although GWR & FGW are really nice liveries. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for confirming what liveries you intend on producing on the next batch of 143s Charlie. 

With regards to the 144s have you decided if you are doing another batch of these as well? If so will this batch happen at the same time as the 143s of after the 143s have been delivered? 

Also will the 142s be produced after the 143s? 

I ask because I would prefer Northern liveried 142s & 144s if possible and if either or both are to be produced alongside the next batch of 143s then I will save up for the Northern pacers as opposed to GWR & FGW 143s. Although GWR & FGW are really nice liveries. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

It could be a race, but the 143 will probably win.

144 Not on the cards 'Yet'

Charlie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

It could be a race, but the 143 will probably win.

144 Not on the cards 'Yet'

Charlie

Hi Charlie, 

Thanks for the reply and the info. I really appreciate it. 

That's brilliant. I will order and pay for the Northern 142s first (assuming you produce some) and I may potentially buy some 143s as well. Did you mention previously that the 142s and 143s may miss 2020 delivery? I assume this means that they will arrive Q1/Q2 2021 then? When you have confirmation of running numbers (for the 142s & 143s) and liveries (for 142s) for these two classes please can update us on this thread?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/11/2019 at 10:26, The Black Hat said:

Hello again,

Yes I've bought Realtrack models units before. It might take some saving up of funds but they are worth it. Now I'm at the point where I have to choose what I can get as prices are high, but then that only means you buy quality over quantity. I have been very fortunate that I have had a collection for years.

The class 144s in Northern were excellent if very fiddly to get into and fit with sound. I still managed. The 156 in First Scotrail Barbie livery I bought also is an excellent model. The detail on them is great and the running characteristics are very reliable. On my trackwork Im sure the 144 has a little bounce.

Charlie and his team put in a great deal of work to bring excellent products to market. He certainly has a very unique style and selling method that often I actually find quite refreshing as he is honest about what he can tell you and does give you a very fair deal and price for excellent products that far out strip similar offerings from others in the market.

I'm sure that when you save up (like me!) and get your next Realtrack 144 that it will be worth every penny and bring you a lot of fun. Glad to see your enjoying the hobby and growing in knowledge and insight.

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

I completely agree. With prices so high in the current market especially for modern image stock it really is just about buying what you want the most and everything is has to be left. Something that I am finding though is that you really appreciate particular locos, wagons, coaches etc more when you have less. I am in a similar position. I have had Bachmann 66s and 70s for many years thus when bought the prices were really cheap. I am very fortunate too to have already had a decent collection of stock that I bought at cheap prices. I feel for those who are trying to start out in the hobby at the moment with today's prices. 

Which particular Realtrack locos have you got? Charlie has announced another batch of 143s which are to be produced alongside the new 142s from what I gather. I am really pleased with this news and even though I probably won't be able to afford some units from both classes and several liveries etc, I will hopefully buy one or maybe two (funds dependant) Class 142s in Northern Rail livery. I have travelled on the Northern 142s for most days over many years whereas I have never travelled on a 143. Charlie has also mentioned that another batch of 144s isn't planned at the moment, thus I will buy a Northern 142 or two instead. 

I have seen some photos online of the different units Realtrack have produced and I have been very impressed with the wealth of internal and external detail and the liveries on all of the models so far, despite some been challenging have always been captured perfectly on the bodysides of the units. As we know at the moment some of the larger manufacturers have issues with getting colours and liveries correct so for a relatively small manufacturer working on a select few projects it's even more impressive. I couldn't agree more, Charlie and Aaron and anyone else involved pay attention to the whole manufacturing process. 

£230 per unit in today's market is very fair for a newly tooled model, with high detailing, many DCC lighting features etc. Funny you should make this point because it looks as though the Bachmann Northern 150 is due for release in potentially Q4 2020, which is roughly around the same time the new 142s & 143s will arrive by Realtrack. So last night I had to make the decision of what I wouldn't buy and the Bachmann 150 was ruled out immediately. Between this model and either of the Realtrack pacers (142 or 143) their is no competition. For around the same amount of money you are getting so much more value for money with the Realtrack pacers. 

So yes I'm hopefully going to buy one or two 142s in Northern livery next year. I'm definitely enjoying the hobby, especially at the moment with the recent announcement of new Accurascale Class 37s, which are also arriving Q4 next year. So least to say 2020 is going to be very expensive. Very true, I am learning more and more about the railways and the hobby all the time which is becoming more and more interesting. I hope you are enjoying the hobby too? What are you planning on buying in the near future and going into 2020? 

Kind Regards,

Danny. 

• Like 2

On 01/12/2019 at 09:44, charliepetty said:

Excellent!  Are there any planned upgrades/changes planned with regard to features etc from the first batches of 143s?

thanks

Al

• Like 2

YES!

What we are trying to do at Realtrack is avoid clashing with others!!   SO:

The 143's we are doing could be any livery, but apart from Provincial & Regional Railways liveries (Both with Bus seats) the model that fits into the 'Modern Seating Scheme' is Arriva TW,  Transport for Wales, Visit Bristol/Wessex Trains, First Great Western 'Local Lines' and Great Western.

Now as people love HSTs & Class 800 & Bachmann are bring out the 150/158/166 in Great Western then is seemed obvious to us that the GWR Green should be popular.  so we will have:

143-603  GWR Green

143-617  GWR Green

143-620  GWR Green

143-612  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

143-621  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

Hope your Happy.

Charlie

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

I completely agree. With prices so high in the current market especially for modern image stock it really is just about buying what you want the most and everything is has to be left. Something that I am finding though is that you really appreciate particular locos, wagons, coaches etc more when you have less. I am in a similar position. I have had Bachmann 66s and 70s for many years thus when bought the prices were really cheap. I am very fortunate too to have already had a decent collection of stock that I bought at cheap prices. I feel for those who are trying to start out in the hobby at the moment with today's prices. 

Which particular Realtrack locos have you got? Charlie has announced another batch of 143s which are to be produced alongside the new 142s from what I gather. I am really pleased with this news and even though I probably won't be able to afford some units from both classes and several liveries etc, I will hopefully buy one or maybe two (funds dependant) Class 142s in Northern Rail livery. I have travelled on the Northern 142s for most days over many years whereas I have never travelled on a 143. Charlie has also mentioned that another batch of 144s isn't planned at the moment, thus I will buy a Northern 142 or two instead. 

Oh,  Did I mention a 142 !!126510430_142-MerseyRailCads.jpg.e597d92dfc846b4f155d18b34302b818.jpg

I have seen some photos online of the different units Realtrack have produced and I have been very impressed with the wealth of internal and external detail and the liveries on all of the models so far, despite some been challenging have always been captured perfectly on the bodysides of the units. As we know at the moment some of the larger manufacturers have issues with getting colours and liveries correct so for a relatively small manufacturer working on a select few projects it's even more impressive. I couldn't agree more, Charlie and Aaron and anyone else involved pay attention to the whole manufacturing process. 

£230 per unit in today's market is very fair for a newly tooled model, with high detailing, many DCC lighting features etc. Funny you should make this point because it looks as though the Bachmann Northern 150 is due for release in potentially Q4 2020, which is roughly around the same time the new 142s & 143s will arrive by Realtrack. So last night I had to make the decision of what I wouldn't buy and the Bachmann 150 was ruled out immediately. Between this model and either of the Realtrack pacers (142 or 143) their is no competition. For around the same amount of money you are getting so much more value for money with the Realtrack pacers. 

So yes I'm hopefully going to buy one or two 142s in Northern livery next year. I'm definitely enjoying the hobby, especially at the moment with the recent announcement of new Accurascale Class 37s, which are also arriving Q4 next year. So least to say 2020 is going to be very expensive. Very true, I am learning more and more about the railways and the hobby all the time which is becoming more and more interesting. I hope you are enjoying the hobby too? What are you planning on buying in the near future and going into 2020? 

Kind Regards,

Danny. 

Edited by charliepetty
error
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, charliepetty said:

YES!

What we are trying to do at Realtrack is avoid clashing with others!!   SO:

The 143's we are doing could be any livery, but apart from Provincial & Regional Railways liveries (Both with Bus seats) the model that fits into the 'Modern Seating Scheme' is Arriva TW,  Transport for Wales, Visit Bristol/Wessex Trains, First Great Western 'Local Lines' and Great Western.

Now as people love HSTs & Class 800 & Bachmann are bring out the 150/158/166 in Great Western then is seemed obvious to us that the GWR Green should be popular.  so we will have:

143-603  GWR Green

143-617  GWR Green

143-620  GWR Green

143-612  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

143-621  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

Hope your Happy.

Charlie

Oh,  Did I mention a 142 !!126510430_142-MerseyRailCads.jpg.e597d92dfc846b4f155d18b34302b818.jpg

Thank you very much for the confirmation of running numbers and liveries for the FGW & GWR 143s. 

What are you actually trying to do to us Charlie haha!

Five FGW & GWR 143s to choose from and the 142s. Wow, next year is going to be extremely expensive for me. 

The 142 drawing looks excellent! Yes I am very pleased and I am sure others will be too. Thank you very much. 

Do you know when you will have confirmation of running numbers and liveries for the 142s? 

Sorry for (constantly) been a pain haha. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, 

Just a thought and a quick question as I don't have much knowledge about the FGW/GWR 143s. Was their any one time when some 143s were still in FGW Local Lines livery whilst others were in the new GWR green livery? If so what sort of time span was this across? I ask because depending on what 142s are announced I may buy x1 FGW Local Lines and x1 GWR green and run them at the same time if it was prototypical at some stage for the two liveries to be in use at the same time. Better still was their any formations with two or more 143s running together that included both liveries? 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

There is one obvious question re the 143s, what has 143611 done to upset you, because, by including the earlier releases 143618 and 143619, its the only Great Western one you havent covered.

No I am not being serious.

Looks like I will be doing some serious overtime in the new year.

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1