REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

When there are replacement buses operating there will always be staff to direct passengers, if disabled passengers who cant travel on the buses make themselves known they will be put in taxis, if they are at a smaller intermediate station the help point or a phone call will sort the taxi out. It has been like that the whole time I have been on the railways.

There is no requirement for the toilet to be in working order, just as there is no requirement for trains to actually have toilets fitted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was curious to see what is currently being used on the "triangle of doom", so I had a look at RealTimeTrains for today's 2B74 0953 Exmouth to Barnstaple.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C21432/2019-12-10/detailed

It looks like it's full of information.

UID C21432, identity 2B74
TSC 25482001

SSuX - 20/05/2019 to 13/12/2019

Pathed as Class 14x DMU

TRUST ID 832B74MF10

If only I understood what it was saying! :huh:

Anyone with any ideas?

• Like 1

UID - guessing a unique number for the database, would be different tomorrow for the same 2B74, likely unique to realtimetrains.

SSux - looks like what you used to see in the printed timetables - in this case you have the dates of the timetable (may to December 2019, and I assume S(aturday)Su(nday)(e)x(cepted) ?

TRUST ID - I assume from the NR sysem, it has the 2B74 train code in the middle of it.

The Pathed as is merely a placeholder, it doesn't mean the service actually operated that unit (there have been comments in the past here on RMweb where an entirely different class of train has been used than expected, and the comments from former railway people are it is just a convenient placeholder to describe the performance characteristics that the service is timetabled for).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 05/12/2019 at 16:52, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Another little question I have (sorry to be a pain) is what stations are on the Barnstaple, Exmouth, Paignton route please? If their are too many to list please could you give me an example of a headcode for a train and then I should be able to find the stations on the route?

GWR also have PDF timetables you can download at https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/train-times

If you want the current service then do it soon as I assume they will disappear when the new timetable takes effect.

[edit]

And for completeness, South Western Railway for Exeter St.D to Waterloo services https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables

Crosscountry for Exeter to Paignton / Exeter Plymouth  https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/travel-updates-information/train-timetables

Edited by mdvle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What stations are on the Barnstaple, Exmouth, Paignton route?

Exmouth to Barnstaple

Exmouth [EXM]
Lympstone Village [LYM]
Lympstone Commando [LYC]
Topsham [TOP]
Newcourt [NCO]
Digby & Sowton [DIG]
Polsloe Bridge [POL]
St James' Park [SJP]
Exeter Central [EXC]
Exeter St Davids [EXD]
Newton St Cyres [NTC]
Crediton [CDI]
Yeoford [YEO]
Copplestone [COP]
Morchard Road [MRD]
Lapford [LAP]
Eggesford [EGG]
Kings Nympton [KGN]
Portsmouth Arms [PMA]
Umberleigh [UMB]
Chapelton [CPN]
Barnstaple [BNP]

Exmouth to Paignton

Exmouth [EXM]
Lympstone Village [LYM]
Lympstone Commando [LYC]
Exton [EXN]
Topsham [TOP]
Newcourt [NCO]
Digby & Sowton [DIG]
Polsloe Bridge [POL]
St James' Park [SJP]
Exeter Central [EXC]
Exeter St Davids [EXD] - Service reverses here
Exeter St Thomas [EXT]
Starcross [SCS]
Dawlish Warren [DWW]
Dawlish [DWL]
Teignmouth [TGM]
Newton Abbot [NTA]
Torre [TRR]
Torquay [TQY]
Paignton [PGN] - Change here for Kingswear

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/12/2019 at 00:43, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

It's also interesting to find out about 150s and 158s coupled to 143s. In Yorkshire we have 142s and 144s, thus no 143s but I have rarely seen a 142 or 144 coupled with a 158. The Leeds/Sheffield and return Northern pacers that I regularly travel on are usually just solo pacers due to a shortage of carriages, so we are rarely privileged with two pacers together let alone a pacer with a 150 or a 158. 

In the early days 158+142 were fairly common around Manchester Blackpool workings, as 158’s did Norwich services from remoter parts of Lancashire (Barrow/Blackpool etc) and it was an easy way to get them to / from NH depot.

More recently ive seen 158+142 around the North West more recently. 150+142 is a daily event in the North West, for as long as I can remember.

155+158 occured too on transpenine services, as have I seen a 144+158. Ive never seen 141’s coupled to anything but 141’s, similarly I dont recall seeing a 143+144 combo, they never seem to share same geography.

of course for a short period in 1990 you could see 156/158 hybrids with a car from each unit. Earlier this year I saw my first 170+156 combo, in Norwich.

Also, in October I saw a Northern 144+ GWR 153 which appears to be running around Leeds area currently.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 11:50, KeithMacdonald said:

I was curious to see what is currently being used on the "triangle of doom", so I had a look at RealTimeTrains for today's 2B74 0953 Exmouth to Barnstaple.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C21432/2019-12-10/detailed

It looks like it's full of information.

If only I understood what it was saying! :huh:

Anyone with any ideas?

Today (Wednesday) it was operated by 143603 and 143621.

The pathed as is just that, it is timed to be operated by 143s but that doesnt mean any other unit can work it, normally it is timed as the slowest unit likely to work it but even if a service is times as a 158 doesnt mean a slower unit cant work it, only that it might lose a bit of time. Some people dont understand that bit and insist the service must be worked by the type of unit used for pathing purposes. Sometimes a route might only have timings for a few types of trains listed so then the closest set will be used, sometimes with extra allowances if the path used is a bit quicker than the type of train that will be running.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
On 07/12/2019 at 17:52, royaloak said:

When there are replacement buses operating there will always be staff to direct passengers, if disabled passengers who cant travel on the buses make themselves known they will be put in taxis, if they are at a smaller intermediate station the help point or a phone call will sort the taxi out. It has been like that the whole time I have been on the railways.

There is no requirement for the toilet to be in working order, just as there is no requirement for trains to actually have toilets fitted.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it's been such a busy week. It's good to hear that their is support for passengers including disabled passengers for the replacement bus journeys. With regards to the story I was reading on Twitter I am not sure as to the specifics of the situation but it problems with regards to the trains and replacement buses. Hopefully this particular story is not a common problem and that their is support their, especially for those who need it the most. 

I never even knew that their wasn't a require for trains to have a toilet fitted. I have to say I am glad that their is especially on the more long distance trains and long distance stopping services. It does cause problems though for adults with children on the trains. I was on a Leeds to Sheffield Northern service earlier this year and what appeared to be the father of a girl aged 5/6 needed the loo shortly after setting off from Leeds. Whilst on route her dad came down the train to find the toilet only to find it locked and the door wouldn't budge. The little girl then had to wait until my stop at Castleford before her dad could quickly get her off the train to go to the loo before quickly jumping back on to go to Sheffield. The main units that seem to have issues with toilets is the pacers but by next year they will all be removed from service to hopefully that issue will lessen. 

On 10/12/2019 at 14:49, mdvle said:

GWR also have PDF timetables you can download at https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/train-times

If you want the current service then do it soon as I assume they will disappear when the new timetable takes effect.

[edit]

And for completeness, South Western Railway for Exeter St.D to Waterloo services https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables

Crosscountry for Exeter to Paignton / Exeter Plymouth  https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/travel-updates-information/train-timetables

Thank you very much for the PDF timetables, especially the ones for the GWR services. 

I have downloaded the Barnstaple, Exeter & Exmouth PDF and also the London Paddington & Swansea timetable for the HSTs & now IEPs. 

They will come in really useful for my model railway with the list of stations, times and the different times for weekdays and weekends. 

On 10/12/2019 at 15:36, KeithMacdonald said:

What stations are on the Barnstaple, Exmouth, Paignton route?

Exmouth to Barnstaple

Exmouth [EXM]
Lympstone Village [LYM]
Lympstone Commando [LYC]
Topsham [TOP]
Newcourt [NCO]
Digby & Sowton [DIG]
Polsloe Bridge [POL]
St James' Park [SJP]
Exeter Central [EXC]
Exeter St Davids [EXD]
Newton St Cyres [NTC]
Crediton [CDI]
Yeoford [YEO]
Copplestone [COP]
Morchard Road [MRD]
Lapford [LAP]
Eggesford [EGG]
Kings Nympton [KGN]
Portsmouth Arms [PMA]
Umberleigh [UMB]
Chapelton [CPN]
Barnstaple [BNP]

Exmouth to Paignton

Exmouth [EXM]
Lympstone Village [LYM]
Lympstone Commando [LYC]
Exton [EXN]
Topsham [TOP]
Newcourt [NCO]
Digby & Sowton [DIG]
Polsloe Bridge [POL]
St James' Park [SJP]
Exeter Central [EXC]
Exeter St Davids [EXD] - Service reverses here
Exeter St Thomas [EXT]
Starcross [SCS]
Dawlish Warren [DWW]
Dawlish [DWL]
Teignmouth [TGM]
Newton Abbot [NTA]
Torre [TRR]
Torquay [TQY]
Paignton [PGN] - Change here for Kingswear

Thank you for the reply and the information. I really appreciate it. 

The list of stations will come in useful for when I hopefully buy some FGW/GWR 143s from Realtrack. I keep a record you see of what trains have worked what workings, diagrams etc on my layout. 

When I start logging the workings I will get used to the order of the stations. The 'triangle of doom' is much easier to remember that most of the routes that the Northern pacers operate on, because they serve that many different areas and routes it's almost impossible to recall all of the stations they serve as well. 

On 11/12/2019 at 23:48, adb968008 said:

In the early days 158+142 were fairly common around Manchester Blackpool workings, as 158’s did Norwich services from remoter parts of Lancashire (Barrow/Blackpool etc) and it was an easy way to get them to / from NH depot.

More recently ive seen 158+142 around the North West more recently. 150+142 is a daily event in the North West, for as long as I can remember.

155+158 occured too on transpenine services, as have I seen a 144+158. Ive never seen 141’s coupled to anything but 141’s, similarly I dont recall seeing a 143+144 combo, they never seem to share same geography.

of course for a short period in 1990 you could see 156/158 hybrids with a car from each unit. Earlier this year I saw my first 170+156 combo, in Norwich.

Also, in October I saw a Northern 144+ GWR 153 which appears to be running around Leeds area currently.

Thank you for the reply and for the information. 

I have to say it's really good that no matter what region you may choose to model it is quite easy to make realistic formations of different classes of unit. 

Yes those ex GWR 153s that have now moved to Northern are really noticeable in green when attached to other units. Since their use by Northern I have been on some as solo units and I have seen them attached to other units too. They are useful to extend capacity on particular services as well as operating some services alone. Although Northern do need to be careful on putting those ex GWR 153s by themselves because a few times I have either not managed to board the service and if I have it has been extremely full, once to a dangerous capacity. With the introduction of new 195s & 331s though as well as some refurbished trains and the cascading of other units from GWR, ScotRail etc hopefully the times of Northern's capacity issues will be sorted on some services at least. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I have to say it's really good that no matter what region you may choose to model it is quite easy to make realistic formations of different classes of unit. 

Yes those ex GWR 153s that have now moved to Northern are really noticeable in green when attached to other units. Since their use by Northern I have been on some as solo units and I have seen them attached to other units too. They are useful to extend capacity on particular services as well as operating some services alone. Although Northern do need to be careful on putting those ex GWR 153s by themselves because a few times I have either not managed to board the service and if I have it has been extremely full, once to a dangerous capacity. With the introduction of new 195s & 331s though as well as some refurbished trains and the cascading of other units from GWR, ScotRail etc hopefully the times of Northern's capacity issues will be sorted on some services at least. 

i have noticed more recently EMR have paired up 153’s, in derby last sunday I saw what I first thought was an EMR 155 + 158... turned out it was 2x 153 and a 158.

for a layout, I would say the following is feasible...

in general any combination of 142+143+144+150/1+150/2+153+155+158 is feasible, but with regard to restricted geographies for 155/144/143...i doubt these three would work with each other, but certainly ive seen 155+156 for example, and 143+142..

historically...

1980’s/90’s  lancashire-ish... 

any combinations or pairs of 142+150/1+150/2+156+158.

though note WYPTE 158/9 and 155’s made it to both Manchester’s , Preston, Blackpool.. both WYPTE and provincial ones.

Short lived liveries of note include Regional Railways North West (dark grey lower , white+ orange band with light grey upper), Network North West (provincial with a bit of red / grey lines) in addition to regular liveries.

it was extremely colourful in those days, you can put a dozen different 31 and 37 liveries on varied coaching stock (Inc NSE, RR etc), not to mention 142’s had half dozen liveries in a short time (original 3, plus RR, RRNW, Mersey, NNW etc), and dont forget 47’s in as many liveries on mk2’s

There was a period of 3 car 156’s, and also 3 car 150/2+150/1 hybrid 3 cars, where a 150/2 car was inserted inbetween the two 150/1 cars.

yorkshire-ish combinations or pairs of

142+144+150/1+150/2+155+156+158+158/9, as mentioned before I only ever saw 141s alone or in  pairs of 141’s.. whether I was unlucky or design I don't know.

Yorkshire saw 156+158 2 car hybrids in addition to the above.

north east i’m less familiar with, but hazard 142+143+156

There other dinosaurs out there... the unique prototype 3 cars... 150001+150002 are both still with us, 150002 was 154002 for a while.

Thats before you mix in 1st gen DMUs.. 101/4/8/110 ...

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

i have noticed more recently EMR have paired up 153’s, in derby last sunday I saw what I first thought was an EMR 155 + 158... turned out it was 2x 153 and a 158.

for a layout, I would say the following is feasible...

in general any combination of 142+143+144+150/1+150/2+153+155+158 is feasible, but with regard to restricted geographies for 155/144/143...i doubt these three would work with each other, but certainly ive seen 155+156 for example, and 143+142..

historically...

1980’s/90’s  lancashire-ish... 

any combinations or pairs of 142+150/1+150/2+156+158.

though note WYPTE 158/9 and 155’s made it to both Manchester’s , Preston, Blackpool.. both WYPTE and provincial ones.

Short lived liveries of note include Regional Railways North West (dark grey lower , white+ orange band with light grey upper), Network North West (provincial with a bit of red / grey lines) in addition to regular liveries.

it was extremely colourful in those days, you can put a dozen different 31 and 37 liveries on varied coaching stock (Inc NSE, RR etc), not to mention 142’s had half dozen liveries in a short time (original 3, plus RR, RRNW, Mersey, NNW etc), and dont forget 47’s in as many liveries on mk2’s

There was a period of 3 car 156’s, and also 3 car 150/2+150/1 hybrid 3 cars, where a 150/2 car was inserted inbetween the two 150/1 cars.

yorkshire-ish combinations or pairs of

142+144+150/1+150/2+155+156+158+158/9, as mentioned before I only ever saw 141s alone or in  pairs of 141’s.. whether I was unlucky or design I don't know.

Yorkshire saw 156+158 2 car hybrids in addition to the above.

north east i’m less familiar with, but hazard 142+143+156

There other dinosaurs out there... the unique prototype 3 cars... 150001+150002 are both still with us, 150002 was 154002 for a while.

Thats before you mix in 1st gen DMUs.. 101/4/8/110 ...

That's probably a good general guide, I'm sure people will pop up with pictures of other or unusual combinations (at least I hope they will, not to prove you wrong, just for the interest value!). 

Just one correction though, you've made the common mistake of confusing Regional Railways North West (which was applied to 156s, essentially Regional Railways blue/white but with a green stripe instead of light blue) with GMPTE's 'inverted Intercity' livery of grey lower, white upper, with red and white stripe in between, found on 142s, 150s, 323s one or two first generation EMU classes.

(RRNW: http://dysgraphyk.madasafish.com/156/photo/JL_156441_Barrow_1996.jpg)

(GMPTE: https://www.flickr.com/photos/metromadme/8871250410/)

There was also the earlier Network North West, found on some 150s, which was in essence Sprinter livery but with the light blue stripe replaced with one that had red ends and a grey centre section. Some 142s also carried NNW branding, but nothing more than logos on Provincial livery.

(NNW: https://live.staticflickr.com/3534/3185004736_6ebff39f41_z.jpg)

• Thanks 1

I have a quick question which will hopefully help shorten the time to diagnose a issue with a faulty 143 (acquired as a non-working example so I'm trying to sort it out). Do the two cars need to be coupled for the unit to work or should the powered vehicle on it's own be capable of working without the trailer?

Thanks 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I have a quick question which will hopefully help shorten the time to diagnose a issue with a faulty 143 (acquired as a non-working example so I'm trying to sort it out). Do the two cars need to be coupled for the unit to work or should the powered vehicle on it's own be capable of working without the trailer?

Thanks 

Need to be coupled together.

Effectively has motor in one and motor control in the other.

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. The lights work when the set is coupled and power is applied but no movement. Apparently it had been stored and when brought out worked for a bit and then the problem occured. I've been advised to check that the wires to the motor haven't come adrift but would appreciate advice on the bext way to get to the mechanism. I've got the body off, the unit comes with an exploded diagram of parts but no advice on the order of disassembly. The Chassis frame is clipped in place but I can't see how it can come off without releasing the wheelset units which seem to be held in place by a pair of screws in the floor. However getting to those screws is inhibitedby the light bar that is clipped at one end but appears glued at the other. Any advice from those that have gone before me on the order of play to get it apart would be appreciated. 

Also, before I proceed, is it possible that the problem might be in the trailer car if that is the way that control functions are routed?

IMG_20191216_213403.jpg

IMG_20191216_213407.jpg

• Like 1

Just for the record as the new accessibility regulations kick in on January 1st, after that date all surviving Pacers will have to run paired with something that is classed as accessible.

This applies to FGW and Northern that I know of.  Their Pacers should have been withdrawn by December 31st but the cascaded replacements are late arriving.  So some interesting peak hour pairings to look out for (and model?) over the next few months.

It also means LNER liveried Mark 3s running on the Midland Main Line until they can be repainted (the LNER coaches meet the new regulations and the current HST trailers don't and will go for scrap).

Les

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, andyman7 said:

Thanks. The lights work when the set is coupled and power is applied but no movement. Apparently it had been stored and when brought out worked for a bit and then the problem occured. I've been advised to check that the wires to the motor haven't come adrift but would appreciate advice on the bext way to get to the mechanism. I've got the body off, the unit comes with an exploded diagram of parts but no advice on the order of disassembly. The Chassis frame is clipped in place but I can't see how it can come off without releasing the wheelset units which seem to be held in place by a pair of screws in the floor. However getting to those screws is inhibitedby the light bar that is clipped at one end but appears glued at the other. Any advice from those that have gone before me on the order of play to get it apart would be appreciated. 

Also, before I proceed, is it possible that the problem might be in the trailer car if that is the way that control functions are routed?

IMG_20191216_213403.jpg

IMG_20191216_213407.jpg

I found the answer in DCC fitting section and have posted link here in case anyone else come this way 

Edited by andyman7
Update
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Just for the record as the new accessibility regulations kick in on January 1st, after that date all surviving Pacers will have to run paired with something that is classed as accessible.

This applies to FGW and Northern that I know of.  Their Pacers should have been withdrawn by December 31st but the cascaded replacements are late arriving.  So some interesting peak hour pairings to look out for (and model?) over the next few months.

It also means LNER liveried Mark 3s running on the Midland Main Line until they can be repainted (the LNER coaches meet the new regulations and the current HST trailers don't and will go for scrap).

Les

Northern, TfW and EMR have all applied (and I believe been granted, certainly Northern and TfW have) dispensations to the law. In Northern's case I think this will allow pacers to run on their own for 'X' number of months. In the case of EMR the dispensation I think is actually focused on the slam door element of the stock and the concession dependent on an effort to fit retaining tanks to stock.

GWR have not applied for a concession but have instead diagrammed all 143s to be paired to a 150 as of the timetable change last Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I found the answer in DCC fitting section and have posted link here in case anyone else come this way 

When you have removed the seating unit, check the wires going to the 8-pin connectors on the coupling, I've had to re-solder a wire on a couple of different units.

IIRC it's the outer wires that carry the power to the motor, and on mine it was these that had come adrift, as they are under the most stress when the couplings are at full turn.

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/12/2019 at 00:12, charliepetty said:

Now as people love HSTs & Class 800 & Bachmann are bring out the 150/158/166 in Great Western then is seemed obvious to us that the GWR Green should be popular.  so we will have:

143-603  GWR Green

143-617  GWR Green

143-620  GWR Green

143-612  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

143-621  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

Hope your Happy.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for saying what versions you are doing hopefully i will get one of each livery dependant on other things when these are released but i will definitely get 143612 Local Lines version as it visited Penzance in this livery. Just need to work out which one to get in GWR Green livery as i have seen 3 different units mostly 143621in real life but haven't seen the ones your doing in real life. 

Thanks,

Samuel.

• Like 3

On 17/12/2019 at 16:41, Phil Mc said:

When you have removed the seating unit, check the wires going to the 8-pin connectors on the coupling, I've had to re-solder a wire on a couple of different units.

IIRC it's the outer wires that carry the power to the motor, and on mine it was these that had come adrift, as they are under the most stress when the couplings are at full turn.

Cheers,

Phil.

Well that was a pig of a job! I had already partly stripped the motorised vehicle, so finally got the seat unit out - various bits that need to come out are actually glued in place so this is not easy. All wires were in place, so then I had to strip the trailer and finally found a loose wire to the coupler as suggested. I resoldered it but oh my goodness getting the thing back together was a palaver, it took 3 goes to get the carden shafts in place and the seat unit back, one of the chassis clips broke off and seats kept falling out. Reminds me of why I am not a fan of these superdetail models and all their bells and whistles, multi pin connectors etc. However it is all back together and working, time for a lie down in a darkened room......

Edited by andyman7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Well that was a pig of a job! I had already partly stripped the motorised vehicle, so finally got the seat unit out - various bits that need to come out are actually glued in place so this is not easy. All wires were in place, so then I had to strip the trailer and finally found a loose wire to the coupler as suggested. I resoldered it but oh my goodness getting the thing back together was a palaver, it took 3 goes to get the carden shafts in place and the seat unit back, one of the chassis clips broke off and seats kept falling out. Reminds me of why I am not a fan of these superdetail models and all their bells and whistles, multi pin connectors etc. However it is all back together and working, time for a lie down in a darkened room......

It is a job that needs 3 hands, strong glasses, and an even stronger drink !!

Worth the effort on such a lovely looking unit though.....

P.S.

Did you glue the springs to the top of the axle unit, so they don't disappear to the carpet monster ??!!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Mc said:

It is a job that needs 3 hands, strong glasses, and an even stronger drink !!

Worth the effort on such a lovely looking unit though.....

P.S.

Did you glue the springs to the top of the axle unit, so they don't disappear to the carpet monster ??!!

Cheers,

Phil.

I didn't but keeping them in place didn't help the heart rate. I did find an extra one floating round inside which has gone in the spares box.....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/12/2019 at 23:10, Les1952 said:

Les

They most certainly do NOT meet the new regulations, but they are a bit closer to them than the current MML coaches.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 03/12/2019 at 00:12, charliepetty said:

YES!

What we are trying to do at Realtrack is avoid clashing with others!!   SO:

The 143's we are doing could be any livery, but apart from Provincial & Regional Railways liveries (Both with Bus seats) the model that fits into the 'Modern Seating Scheme' is Arriva TW,  Transport for Wales, Visit Bristol/Wessex Trains, First Great Western 'Local Lines' and Great Western.

Now as people love HSTs & Class 800 & Bachmann are bring out the 150/158/166 in Great Western then is seemed obvious to us that the GWR Green should be popular.  so we will have:

143-603  GWR Green

143-617  GWR Green

143-620  GWR Green

143-612  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

143-621  First Great Western 'Local Lines'

Hope your Happy.

Charlie

Oh,  Did I mention a 142 !!126510430_142-MerseyRailCads.jpg.e597d92dfc846b4f155d18b34302b818.jpg

Very happy to hear about the 143s being done in GWR green and more in Local Lines, never had a bad thing to say about the models and am very much looking forward to seeing the green examples come out and join my extensive West Fleet!! 

Much thanks to yourself Charlie for this announcement.

Kind Regards, 
Jacob 
Redwater TCD.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1