REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Bottom one for me please.

Can I just clarify, would the model have the original bus seats interior or the later interior that you've already produced? I'd prefer the original bus interior and the model to be right even if that means having to wait for it being tooled up

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 25/10/2021 at 10:19, The Black Hat said:

I will stand in front of the tide on this one and prefer the top. Mainly as this fits more with stock available and the livery lasted into privatisation. 

I’m a bit confused by ‘fits more with stock available’?! 

The original livery was first delivered in 1986 and seems to have lasted through to the mid 1990s, so from predominantly blue/grey livery and then through most of the sectorisation era and the liveries that produced.

The revised example seems to have first appeared around 1994 and lasted until early 2000s, although there are several different versions of logos applied during that time - Regional Railways in white on red, in red on white and after privatisation possibly none at all and then there was the change to the style overhead warning stickers and the change from white to black destination blinds as well - so each version could have quite a narrow period of accuracy compared to the original was pretty standard and constant across its entire life.

Edited by Global
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, OliversTrains said:

Can a 144 three car unit 144018 be done in Northern Rail midnight blue and a two car unit 144009 Great Midland Trains blue livery, maybe a re-run of previous liveries

They previously said a 3 car wouldn't be worth while unless anything has changed. 

I'm hopeful for a 144017 in a metro livery

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 18:57, OliversTrains said:

Can a 144 three car unit 144018 be done in Northern Rail midnight blue and a two car unit 144009 Great Midland Trains blue livery, maybe a re-run of previous liveries

144009 Great Midland Trains blue livery seems highly unlikely to be economically viable as its a very short lived vinyl wrap for TV filming after withdrawal and never used on the mainline.

Realtrack don’t offer a RTR 3 car version sadly.

On 22/10/2021 at 00:13, charliepetty said:

Yes Northern & Metro Red & Provincial.  After the heavily 'Covid' delayed 142.

QUESTION.  Which Metro red ?????????????????

144003 Metro red RR.jpg

144003 Early Metro Livery.jpg

Top one for me as it stayed like this for a while into privatisation (albeit with Arriva instead of RR branding).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2022 at 21:04, 159220 said:

Any update on when the GWR Class 143 shall be available to pre-order. I am concerned I shall miss the release and miss out on one. Limited to 150, its going to be more dog eat dog than those biomass hoppers...

150 GWR 143’s, is that all?? Why so few? Gunna feel like I’m on the first part of who wants to be a millionaire with the fastest fingers…

• Like 1

In todays market place we have to be carefull, with the Big Boys breathing down everyones necks, we have coming out:

1800 X Class 156s

2200 x Class 142s

Before we actually start planning the 143s & 144's

Charlie

142-1 Cad Drawings.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/12/2010 at 20:22, charliepetty said:

Unlike unrefurbished 142s, the 144 & 143 are not held together with gaffa tape!

As an engineer said at Neville Hill, there are different levels of crap, we here have the better ones, Newton Heath, nicknamed 'Faulty Towers' has the others.

Happy Christmas. Arran & Charlie

Neville Hills standards are very high. I know, I visited the depot a few weeks ago

Happy new Febuary. Oliver

• Like 1

21 hours ago, charliepetty said:

In todays market place we have to be caredfull, with the Big Boys breathing down everyones necks, we have coming out:

1800 X Class 156s

2200 x Class 142s

Before we actually start planning the 143s & 144's

Charlie

142-1 Cad Drawings.jpg

A quick idea for the 144s could we have 144001 Penistone line Partnership. That would make my future planned Penistone line layout complete

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 19:04, charliepetty said:

The current Covid stuff Re China is having an effect sadly, so as we don't want to commit to a date we cannot  hold to, we have delayed this, sorry.

But we can confirm the Legomanbiffo Sounds will feature both Leyland Engines ( + 4 Leaf Doors) and the Later Cummings Engines ( + 2 Leaf Doors).

Charlie

142001 legoman.jpg

Nice local route for me. Whish I was a train spotter back then. Wakefield Kirkgate is a common station for me to be seen at. Sadly now only sprinters and civitys. Could a 195/331 model be possible in the future

• Like 1

On 11/08/2021 at 09:46, 66738 said:

It’s nice that we get to see it every day, and it sits as a reminder of the good old days. ‘Our pet’ was one of 23 units that were our bread and butter up and down the Penistone line, and of course others routes. Warm in winter with drivers and second mans heaters and good all round vision (compared to 142’s). I’d have driven them until the end of my days. An absolutely superb unit.  And I’m by no means the only driver to feel this way. 001 (well half of it) lives on to become an important tool of Platform 1, to assist people with a variety of issues.
It would have been nice for the first of the class to still be a runner on a preserved line, but there are enough examples saved for us to ride on. It’s new purpose is much better than the alternative. Being recycled into fizzy drink cans. 

The 144s and 142s were the backbone of the Penistone line. I personally living next to the Penistone line can say its not the same seeing a 150 or 158 and occasional 155 rumple down the line compared to a pacer. My last Penistone line Pacer journey being on 144018 between Denby Dale and Meadowhall

• Like 1