REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

New logo!

Re last posting:

Order planning for the ALL NEW Class 144 will be as follows:

144-111 Class 144 in NEW 2011 Northern Livery with new Abellio Branding.

144-112 Class 144 in Standard Pre 2011 Northern Livery.

144-113 Class 144 in Metro Red & Silver 'Waves' Livery with Northern Branding.

144-114 Class 144 in Metro Red & Silver 'Waves' Livery with Arriva Trains Northern Branding.

All Units will have a Different Fleet number. Quantities are 300 of each and these fleet numbers will not be repeated.

After the Class 143 unit we aim to do the 144:

Regional Railways Livery

Metro Train Red & Cream (Branded Regional Railways) Livery.

Metro Train Red & Cream (Branded Arriva) Livery.

'Assuming people want them'

Guest stuartp

Gone and done a quick bit of research and its about getting a bike in Leeds to get to work after getting the train in. Clever idea.

It's a bit more than that. Abellio, formerly Ned Rail, own half of Northern. Serco own the other half as Charlie's photo indicates.

Any idea on prices or is it way to early to say? <BR>Also, are you planning on BR colours for both and South-west region (Wessex, FGW) for the 143's?

Class 143 sheduled subject the Artwork from designers are:

First Great Western 'Local Lines' livery.

Arriva Trains Wales.

Then after second batch of 144's we aim to do:

Valley Lines.

Wessex 'Visit Bristol' Livery.

Regional Railways.

If any demand we would consider a limited edition 'Tyne & Wear Metro' and Provincial liveries.

• Like 1

The Tyne and Wear and Provincial liveries are the ones im after for the class 143. As well as Regional railways. So Im hoping these are done, and not too much more expensive if they are a limited edition.

the 144 in Northern pre 2011, and in WYPTE Red and Cream stipe Regional railways are what Im after too. Especially if the latter is in a 3 car.

I'd definatley be interested in purchasing one, the model sounds simply fantastic, with far more additional details than my current models have, inpaticular i'd definatley be interested in 144-112 Class 144 in Standard Pre 2011 Northern Livery. I probably wouldn't purchase a 3 car as I struggle with 3 car 158's at the moment, although the coaches are smaller than a standard 158 coach IIRC?

All I need now is a Northern 150, and i'm sorted!

• RMweb Premium

I probably wouldn't purchase a 3 car as I struggle with 3 car 158's at the moment, although the coaches are smaller than a standard 158 coach IIRC?

A 3-car 144 is *very* similar in length to a 2-car 158. A 158 car is approximately 23m long and a 144 is approximatley 15m long.

Cheers,

Mick

The Rostas for 144's are mixed and do not generally fall on 3 car sets or 2 car sets, they are random. As far as I know the general rule is any 144 will run on any rosta. With certain exceptions as they are sponsored by West Yorkshire & South Yorkshire PTE's. So York can get them in any combination via Harrogate. They normally do not go to Manchester via Diggle or the Hope Valley. they avoid the Settle Jc to Carlisle line and do generally not go on the East Coast mainline north of the Harrogate line Junction. They seem to normally avoid the ECML South of Doncaster and get scared if the go farther East that Scunthorpe. The Leeds to Blackpool via Copy Pit run should not have them on the rosta but I know this rule is sometimes broken. Other than that they bounce about quite happily with there refurbished older Class 142 sisters, rumoured to be sponsored by Blackpool pleasure beaches 'RIDE OF YOUR LIFE' promotion!

The refurbished sets on 142 & 144 all have new Chapman seating, interiors and interior lighting, mainly this only includes the Neville Hill based units, our model will have the Chapman Seating.

post-3411-048911500 1292780918_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Leeds to Blackpool via Copy Pit run should not have them on the rosta but I know this rule is sometimes broken.

Indeed. When a 144 is unlucky enough to end up on the Blackpool run, it is usually well reported on one of the local "gen" groups.

Which makes a 144 a prime candidate to increase the DMU fleet on Blackmill.......... :D

Cheers,

Mick