REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

what with Bachmann deciding to make absolutely nothing of interest this year (ie no K1, Q6, J21, etc...) this is paving the way for those 144s to be ordered! So any progress, especially with the later idea of them in tyne and wear or provincial!??

PROGRESS.

Body samples due shortly, chassis work progressing. If all goes to plan the DEMU lads at York will get excited!!!

Liveries as mentioned are the current Northern Livery, plus two versions of the Red & Silver METRO livery in Northern & Arriva. The current Northern will be two different pairs, so no excuse not to by two!

When the exact dates for launch are fixed our website ( www.realtrackmodels.co.uk ) will become live for ordering, we don't want to promise deliveries

and prices we cannot keep, look at the Hattons LMS 10000 situation. When we know exactly then you will know. Charlie.

DEMU Burton should have more to show of interest!

• RMweb Gold
they avoid the Settle Jc to Carlisle line

C'mon Charlie, your doing yourself out of sales here! :lol: :lol:

admittedly they were more common to Morecambe/Lancaster- they went to Ribblehead daily for a sometime, a short commuter working back into W yorks? this looks further up tho'? Garsdale?

and a 3 car unit in Carlisle- I'd hate to think about how it had got there if NOT up the S&C! :D :lol: :lol:

whilst this would be your ideal resourcefor running them on the GSWR route to Kilmarnock! - apparently all were recalled here for gearbox mend including 142's - the pics suggest they worked up with sprinters or under own power- possibly worth a seperate thread, there is even a pic of a 141 in Kilmarnock :lol:

- bit of a sideline but just hoping to broaden the appeal!

Liveries as mentioned are the current Northern Livery, plus two versions of the Red & Silver METRO livery in Northern & Arriva. The current Northern will be two different pairs, so no excuse not to by two!

When the exact dates for launch are fixed our website ( www.realtrackmodels.co.uk ) will become live for ordering, we don't want to promise deliveries

and prices we cannot keep, look at the Hattons LMS 10000 situation. When we know exactly then you will know. Charlie.

Very much looking forward to this model! Fills a huge hole in my West Yorkshire based layout. I regularly travelled on these units from Normanton into Leeds so can't wait to see them in model form and will be at least ordering one in Metro 'waves' livery and maybe one in Northern too.

I know that earlier in the thread you were asking about interest in a 3-car version. I'm quite new on here and would just like to say that I would definitely purchase one if available biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work!

Very much looking forward to this model! Fills a huge hole in my West Yorkshire based layout. I regularly travelled on these units from Normanton into Leeds so can't wait to see them in model form and will be at least ordering one in Metro 'waves' livery and maybe one in Northern too.

I know that earlier in the thread you were asking about interest in a 3-car version. I'm quite new on here and would just like to say that I would definitely purchase one if available biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work!

Don't know if you are visiting the York Show at Easter, but we should have some samples there. Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I certainly want to get 143 112 in the Northern Livery from you as you already know, won't make York but I think the next time I see you will be at Perth in June so I will hopefully see your samples then if you let us DEMU lot get our hands on them! Now should I get on with my Morecambe plan for them to run on!

Mark

C'mon Charlie, your doing yourself out of sales here! :lol: :lol:

admittedly they were more common to Morecambe/Lancaster- they went to Ribblehead daily for a sometime, a short commuter working back into W yorks? this looks further up tho'? Garsdale?

and a 3 car unit in Carlisle- I'd hate to think about how it had got there if NOT up the S&C! :D :lol: :lol:

whilst this would be your ideal resourcefor running them on the GSWR route to Kilmarnock! - apparently all were recalled here for gearbox mend including 142's - the pics suggest they worked up with sprinters or under own power- possibly worth a seperate thread, there is even a pic of a 141 in Kilmarnock :lol:

- bit of a sideline but just hoping to broaden the appeal!

they did work up to Carlisle for a while normally coupled to a 156 in the summer for strengthening

however there were a lot of complaints over ride quality and the awfull bus seats in them. imagine a 2 and a half hours on jointed track. they were never officially banned they just stopped diagraming them. they could still go if they were short of other units.

the pacers were also a nightmare going to Lancaster in the summer as the had a tendancy to stick on the tight curve into Carnforth once took me 20 mins to get round the curve a sleeper at a time as I kept losing power the unit thought it was wheel spin and cut off power.

I'd imagine demonstrators as it was announced previously they would be avaliable sometime around 3rd quater 2011?

We have been promised samples (Unpainted) during April, the motor unit is nearly finished too, lets see!

So as we said 'Samples will be on display' at York.

See the DE Videos/DC kits stand.

Assuming the samples come that is!!!!!!!

We are anticipating more stuff for DEMU in June at Burton on Trent Town Hall, These will be on the C-Rail/REALTRACK stand there!

With the delays that we and everybody else has had, re China we do not anticipate the 144 to be 'On Sale' until early 2012, possibly BRM Doncaster or Glasgow!

Lets wait until the chassis has been 'Crash Tested'!

Charlie.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested, the finalised liveries & Set numbers are as follows:

Subject: News Up-Date from REALTRACK models

Running samples of our Class 144 are on test in China, these TS1 samples will be arriving in the uk shortly.

Due to customer demand at the shows we have been adjusting our plans on the 144, the liveries & models have been slightly amended.

The 'ALL NEW' 144 will become available hopefully during February 2012, possibly sooner!

The first four models will be:

144-111: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Abellio Night Blue (New Northern livery April 2011) with running numbers 144012

144-112: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Night Blue (Old/Current Northern Livery) with running numbers 144007

144-113: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Red & Silver 'Waves livery' (Ex Metro Livery) with running numbers 144003

144-114: Class 144 Two Car DMU Arriva Trains Northern Red & Silver West Yorkshire Metro 'Waves' Livery with running numbers 144009

Quantities for the above are limited to 300 of each model

Retail Prices on this model is looking to under £100.00, this includes:

Bi-Directional headlights Twin Light Clusters, Dummy BSI coupling, additional tension lock couplings, NEM Pockets,

Working constant switchable interior lighting, Refurbished Chapman seating, Corridor Connections, Radio Roofpods with earthing strip,

Power Car & non powered Trailer car, Apertures for DCC Speakers & decoder, 5 Pole low profile skew wound motor & gearboxes.

This chassis design will allow see through window glazing within the Highly detailed bodyshell.

post-3411-0-23678600-1301595079_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-97071000-1301595173_thumb.jpg

All sounds brilliant, great customer service keeping us updated. Thank you.

Though i shall wait out till the end of 2012 to buy myself a 143, perhaps even two if Wessex livery shall go ahead.

I just wanted to raise what i found on the internet....I spy with my little eye something begining with P (on the DC Kits website)...go look www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/realtrack_projects it will not disappoint!

Hi Charlie,

I certainly want to get 143 112 in the Northern Livery from you as you already know, won't make York but I think the next time I see you will be at Perth in June so I will hopefully see your samples then if you let us DEMU lot get our hands on them! Now should I get on with my Morecambe plan for them to run on!

Mark

143112. I assume you mean 144-112 Model

For those who are interested, the finalised liveries & Set numbers are as follows:

Subject: News Up-Date from REALTRACK models

Running samples of our Class 144 are on test in China, these TS1 samples will be arriving in the uk shortly.

Due to customer demand at the shows we have been adjusting our plans on the 144, the liveries & models have been slightly amended.

The 'ALL NEW' 144 will become available hopefully during February 2012, possibly sooner!

The first four models will be:

144-111: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Abelio Night Blue (New Northern Rail livery April 2011) with running numbers 144008 or 144012

Sorry for the "stupid question", however with this model, there going to be two variations, or has it not been decided if it will be 008 or 012 yet.

Looking forward to the model even more now :D

Elliott

Sorry for the "stupid question", however with this model, there going to be two variations, or has it not been decided if it will be 008 or 012 yet.

Looking forward to the model even more now :D

Elliott

I love stupid questions: The reason for the 008 or 012 was we had not seen one yet! But I did today: SO THE UNIT IS 144012, See the photos!

post-3411-0-81077600-1301953602_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-86462200-1301953652_thumb.jpg

A Previous Question!

Which WYPTE / Metro Livery did you fancy as there were two with variations, these are:

Metro Train Red & Cream (Broad Band with yellow line)No Radio Roof Pods fitted then!

Metro Train Red & Cream (Narrow Band)

Metro Train Red & Cream (Regional Railways)

Metro Train Red & Cream (Arriva Trains Northern)

Suggestions on a postcard to: Realtrack Models, Hut 4, Sea Front, Southwold, Suffolk. IP14 4RR (A joke! just in case)

post-3411-0-27254400-1301955119_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-65211400-1301955239_thumb.jpg

As much as I'd like to see the first option, aren't the last 3 essentially the same, with the different logos in different positions? My vote is for Reggie Rail as it reminds me of my time in Huddersfield - I'd definitely have one of those.