BBC news report on a model of the Grand Central line.

Kris

Marred only by the rather mawkish quote used as a headline, typical of BBC editorial choices where model railways are concerned*.  A more informative quote such as

"Recreating that kind of atmosphere of watching trains go by"

which preceded it might have been used!

Apart from that, a nice little snippet of one mans hobby.

* The background music was a bit twee too...

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Kris said:

There is a nice report on a model of the grand central line on the BBC.  only slightly marred by some reverse running at the end. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leicestershire-57025809

I liked the angle on the story ie. Keith's surprise about his film going viral. I think there's something nice about the way the internet (and social media) enables people to find others with similar interests. In this case it's lovely that Keith's model found a wider appreciation via people seeing it on Facebook. Personally I think he's managed to create a very atmospheric layout.

• Like 1

I just hope that no scrotes will try and visit his garage that it's now had wider media coverage.

Nice to see railway modelling being given air-time.

Cheers,

Philip

1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

The Germans give quite a lot of air time to model railways, without making a game show out of it or calling everybody anoraks.  

It's even considered respectable for high-ranking politicians to be into model railways

Although some quite disrespectable German leaders were also into model railways.....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1