The Skarloey Railway 1942-1960: Scaca Fell Forestry Crossing

Tom F

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tom F said:

Thank you all for your lovely messages. I've had a quiet day pottering about, and doing a bit of weathering (more on that later in the week).

Here's another scene from Scaca Fell Forestry Crossing:

Autumn 1943

All this military involvement has soured Bill Thwaite's love for the little railway, a railway that had been his life from the age of 12, when he became an engine cleaner in 1890.

Next week Bill will hand in his notice to Foreman Mr David Hugh and General Manager Mr Roger Sam as he formally retires.

image.png.f7455970da836e9c16477eb044d8fac2.png

Brilliant Tom hope you had an enjoyable Birthday and splashed out on yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

This is unbelievable, what a fantastic piece of modelling, I don't have enough superlatives to describe it. Hope you had a great birthday.

Regards from wet Cumbria

Ian B 

Thanks Ian and take care. I'm over the Pennines in the Yorkshire Dales. I drove over to Lancashire today to meet my Mother for a birthday lunch in the Trough of Bowland. Very little rain other than on the way home a bit....but I've seen the photos around Keswick and the flooding. I love Lakeland, and go hiking most weekends.  Stay safe!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Interesting selection not heard of Boyd! I’m sorry to say but narrow gauge is new to me!

more research required from me….

hope the last you a few evenings of reading.

Cheers.

No worries, we all have to learn these things at some point. Boyd was one of the pioneers of the Talyllyn Railway and wrote a number of books. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_I._C._Boyd

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Tom F said:

No worries, we all have to learn these things at some point. Boyd was one of the pioneers of the Talyllyn Railway and wrote a number of books. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_I._C._Boyd

That first one is it a reprint  sure my old man had that back in the mid 60's recognise the front cover

Happy Birthday 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

That first one is it a reprint  sure my old man had that back in the mid 60's recognise the front cover

Happy Birthday 

Thanks John

Yes, I went with the later reprints, and got them for a decent price too!

• Like 3