Tom F

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Tom F said:

'Simmering under the autumn leaves'

image.png.48e942e8e2322ade3946f49d0cba2448.png

Sheer Genius. 

• Agree 9

Thanks guys! :) 

Off down to Tony Wright’s shortly for some help putting the etched motion detailing kit from narrow planet on SKARLOEY.

It will be great to have both engines on the layout at last.

E24E5FF7-BC32-4EDA-934B-109AEBD1957B.jpeg

• Like 12

Things didn't work out with fitting the Narrow Planet motion to Skarloey. Tony has done a full write up in 'Wright Writes' below. I'm going to look at retro fitting the original overscale cylinders to Skarloey for the time being so I can get him finished, and then see about retro fitting NP motion when they re-release the motion kit.

Special thanks to Tony for his help today. It proves I wouldn't have managed on my own.

• Friendly/supportive 10

That's a drag, but from reading Tony's post, the parts seem to be a little under engineered. Not something that the real railways could often be accused of.

I'm sure that you will get it sorted between you and with the knowledge gained today the loco will be a better machine than if all had gone to plan today.

The man who never made a mistake and all that!

• Like 2

Nott sure what I can say about this thread ... the quality of the modelling is astounding. You've really captured the look and feel of the books (so much so that I've dug out my copy of 'the little old engine' for some childhood reminiscing). 

Superb Tom. You should be really proud of your modelling abilities and creativity. 

Christian. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I dont know how I missed this thread, but delighted to find it and spend a very pleasant couple of hours reading through. I love how the classic simplicity of the track plan is contrasted by the impeccable and flawless scenery that surrounds it. An absolute work of art. Thank you for sharing with us.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Night Train said:

I dont know how I missed this thread, but delighted to find it and spend a very pleasant couple of hours reading through. I love how the classic simplicity of the track plan is contrasted by the impeccable and flawless scenery that surrounds it. An absolute work of art. Thank you for sharing with us.

Genuinely touched by your comments Night Train, thank you!

I've learnt so much with Scaca, the only let down is my lack of electrical understanding. I have made the decision that on the new layout 'Ballamoddey', I intend to fully wire the point work.....so it will feel more like a proper model railway, than a diorama. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

31 minutes ago, NeilHB said:

Let’s hope that there are no encounters with recalcitrant steam rollers, though at least the vans are empty! 

Blein vie Noa Tom! 

I hadn’t twigged I was setting up the scene with that shot! 

‘45 minutes later…..’ :lol:

image.jpeg.e346115e210246b994795ab42dcb8233.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Funny 11

17 hours ago, Tom F said:

'The Military Patrol watches on as No.3 'Sir Handel' passes by with empty MOD vans.'

Scaca will begin to take a back seat as Ballamoddey takes shape, but I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful support.

So, as they say on Sodor... Blein vie Noa!

270935861_10158886620852984_2733045768011031320_n.jpeg.4fee325980b7bb72e2f57c38d56cab3f.jpeg

I hope we still see this marvellous layout in the future.
Regards,
Chris.