Embo

Thinking ahead a little to some of the details to adorn the platform with I thought I would place two or three milk churns somewhere. I mention it because we happen to have a rather shabby example of a North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board churn in our garden, minus its lid. I measured it up and repeat the details here in case it is of interest to anyone else modelling the Highland scene. The churn is 50cm to the shoulder and 65.5cm total height. The diameter of the main body is 35cm and the diameter at the top is 23cm.

Cheers

David

20210610_132233.jpg

Edited by David Bell
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2021 at 17:31, David Bell said:

I have been sourcing some kits of vehicles for the diorama.

It is easy to get carried away but I have settled on these.

20210624_172148.jpg

IIRC the farm we holidayed at near Skelbo, all those years ago, had one of these - if it's of interest, I'll have another rummage through the family photos and see if I can spot the registration number....

Alasdair

1 hour ago, AJCT said:

IIRC the farm we holidayed at near Skelbo, all those years ago, had one of these - if it's of interest, I'll have another rummage through the family photos and see if I can spot the registration number....

Alasdair

Thanks Alasdair. That is much appreciated

Cheers

David

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

Been following this with interest.  Must be a welcome diversion from GQS.  Keep up the good work.

I am enjoying this project a lot Jools, but will do some more on GQS soon!

Cheers

David

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Planting of fence posts continues. I wanted to have one piece depicting a fence where the fence panels have gone leaving only the posts with evidence on the posts where the panels once were, showing some virgin unweathered wood.

20210809_190543.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wrenn said:

David this diorama is coming along nicely and I like that you are scratch building everything on your diorama, keep up the great modelling.:good:

Thanks Kevin,

I am really enjoying it. The big scale helps, I can see what I am doing!

Cheers

David

• Like 1

I have previously avoided weathering though I would be the first to admit it looks more realistic.

I still like my trains to be clean though. I have used weathering powders on this. I find them easier to work with than paint washes. Once you have the effect you are looking for you can seal the powders with a spray of matt varnish.

Good luck with it

I have never used static grass before and thought it was about time I gave it a go. I used three different colours and three different lengths, 6mm, 7.5mm and 12mm. It is a bit rough around the edges but I am more than pleased with the result

20210821_162207.jpg

20210821_162216.jpg

• Like 4