Fascinating Horror

kevinlms

• RMweb Premium

An interesting website which as the name implies, covers a lot of accidents and disasters.

Many of them it was just a matter of time, before they happened.

Many did lead to much needed improvements in standards, but stupidity often rules.

Quite a few railway or tram ones in this ongoing series.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

‘I’ve heard the news today, oh boy’.

I am not a fan of real-life horrors. But they create in me an ambiguous understanding of the "correctness" of upbringing.

To talk here about trains, trams, metros...

Recently my relative found a channel, showing lots of accidents with young people, jumping on the trains, around the trains at full speed. 

The awareness of the accidents should be in news and adults' heads.

The upbringing should be about responsibility. That is what consciousness.

Fascinating Horror compared to a lot of other content on YouTube is pretty good.  Their content is not 'clickbait' and as their channel description says they "tell the true stories behind some of history's greatest disasters... but without sensationalism or disturbing imagery". 'Disturbing imagery' on YouTube often gets videos demonetised and/or age restricted.

I can also recommend Plainly Difficult who also covers disasters and accidents from history, and Ruairidh MacVeigh who does short transport history documentaries including that on Britain's railways and locomotive classes.

• Agree 1

I find the problem with Plainly Difficult, is it very much comes across as someone just reading out the accident report. This means the videos involving radiation frequently have different radiation units and it would be nice if they were all in SI or at least gave SI conversions rather than leaping from system to system.