SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

My excuse was always 'frozen points at Gatwick' - confused them enough for me to escape without too much hassle.

Staff difficulties at Hampton Wick.

Signal failure at Vauxhall.

Badgers in the signal box at Surbiton.

R. Perrin

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Better crack on and learn, I've run out of decent excuses for being late for work.  I am being more positive about it though, so instead of saying "sorry I'm late", I now say "thanks for waiting for me".

How about: "Why are you lot always here so early? You know we can't start until the last bloke arrives".

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jack Benson
On 17/09/2021 at 17:28, Jack Benson said:

Are the Locomotives of Beaminster Road  of interest, the group’s layout is permanent but we have a little display thingy with a moving picture screen that shows their construction and the actual prototypes. A few SWAG members were involved and it might be something different.

StaySafe

Should we assume that our offer is of no interest? 

StaySafe

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Jack Benson said:

StaySafe

I'd think it would elicit more interest if it was a physical display Tim. I'm also wary because of previous fall-outs.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

StaySafe

Evening Jb. 

My apologies for failing to come back to you. 

It's not a case of 'no interest' but there were a number of members to catch up with from 2020/2021. In doing that, it was easy to overlook other things. 

I am in the process of checking the floor plan and it certainly looks as if we are there. Truth be known, possibly over subscribed and of course due precedence must be given to our regular catering/dining areas as well as bring and buy etc in what is hardly the largest of venues. 

Therefore, I am happy to confirm that I am confident that we are at capacity at this time. 

As previously alluded to I will be posting full details  of the exhibitors, traders and demos at 9am on 7th December. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening Jb. 

My apologies for failing to come back to you. 

It's not a case of 'no interest' but there were a number of members to catch up with from 2020/2021. In doing that, it was easy to overlook other things. 

I am in the process of checking the floor plan and it certainly looks as if we are there. Truth be known, possibly over subscribed and of course due precedence must be given to our regular catering/dining areas as well as bring and buy etc in what is hardly the largest of venues. 

Therefore, I am happy to confirm that I am confident that we are at capacity at this time. 

As previously alluded to I will be posting full details  of the exhibitors, traders and demos at 9am on 7th December. 

Rob. 

Well done Rob.....never an easy task...especially with the "day" job...

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Guest Jack Benson
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'd think it would elicit more interest if it was a physical display Tim. I'm also wary because of previous fall-outs.

Andy,

The display was to be based on what we had built, how we built them plus a audio-visual display of steam in the area. No more than half a table. As far of fall-outs are concerned, I carefully avoid those who seek any issue as I am thankful to be a member of RMweb.

Thanks Rob, maybe next year, if we are still around? We have lost two of the group and I have to be very careful at over three score and ten. 

Tim

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 24/10/2021 at 08:59, NHY 581 said:

Good Morning. 

Ahem. 

I wish to announce the forthcoming pre- announcement ahead of the formal announcing of the announcement of the proposed layouts appearing in April. 

A further pre-announcement will be made prior to the announcement which will announce the traders and those who will demonstrate doing things that they are pretty good at in horder to edumacate us other types. 

I thank you. 

Ahem..cough...ahem...........

Further to the above previous pre-announcement made with the primary purpose of providing pre-notice of the announcement pertaining to the proposed participants at SWAG 22, I can confirm that the formal announcement, as per the pre- announcement above, of said proposed participants will be presented on the morning of the 7th December 2021 at 9am. 

I thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I would like to announce my appreciation of the confirmation of the previous announcement of the forthcoming announcement with your latest announcement about the forthcoming announcement that is to be announced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 5

'When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. '

E.Cantona

Nope me neither ! 

images.jpeg.3d6244dff22a964fe44ff5714834cf79.jpeg

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem..cough...ahem...........

Further to the above previous pre-announcement made with the primary purpose of providing pre-notice of the announcement pertaining to the proposed participants at SWAG 22, I can confirm that the formal announcement, as per the pre- announcement above, of said proposed participants will be presented on the morning of the 7th December 2021 at 9am. 

I thank you. 

Rob

Remember we can't start till Dubya arrives and he is always late,so he says.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/12/2021 at 15:49, Captain Kernow said:

Is that why the advertised start time will be 5am?

On Saturday.........

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

A little later than anticipated. 

I am extremly grateful to all of those kind individuals who have agreed to present their layouts and other works at SWAG '22. Some of the exhibitors and their layouts will be travelling a considerable distance and are doing so simply to be there, which says a huge amount for those individuals as well as the event itself.  Thank you all. 

Here then is the line up. 

The layouts

Ladmanlow. - Al G's lovely homage to the Cromford and High Peak. 

Upbech Drove- The latest chapter in Mullie's East Anglian EM odyssey. Wonderfully executed. 

Parkend Sidings - Re6/6, admirably supported by Captain Kernow,  presents a suitably sylvian snapshot of the Forest of Dean. Expertly conducted in P4. 

Pig Lane- Clive Mortimer's latest incarnation of a Diseasel thingamebob. A suitably dieselly stabling point set on the Oxford/Berkshire border set pre-tops, post steam. Expect fun and games. Very nice it is too. 

Penmaenbach-Gilbert's bijou and well observed take on the 1980s scene complete with DCC sounds. 

Tucking Mill- Queensquare brings his seminal 2mm depiction of the North Somerset Light Railway in all it's 1920s.  glory. Nuff said. 

Peasevern Yard. 7mm 1970s Bristolian set blue diesels well presented in all it's scrappy opulence. 

Project X- Still to be named but the latest cameoesque snippet  of ovinity. East Anglia, 1965, Green diseasels, water and weeds.  What could possibly go wrong............? 

L'Heure Bleu.  Barry Ten brings us a magnifique morceau de Paris complete with it's lovely buildings and atmospheric lighting effects. 

Polsarrett- 2many Spams steps away, momentarily, from his 7mm magnum opus and brings us his quicky build 4mm world of china clay complete with very much reworked RTP buildings. (poor things) 

Bridport Town- DLT' s wonderful evocation of all things narrow gauge, done to  perfection. 

Orchard Road-Mudmagnet's very pleasing TMD complete with his ever expanding range of 3D prints. 

Traders

Lord & Butler.  

Demo/ Trader

Braeside models by Brylonscamel.  Your guess is as good as mine but I have no doubt that it will be good. 

Stubby 47 will have his assorted wares on show (!) and will have something new in 009. 

Extras

Bring and buy. 

Cake/Pasties/Pie. 

A chance to catch up with friends, old and new.. (no charge) 

I like to think that it will indeed be a good day out. Just need to fit it all in now............

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 10

• RMweb Gold

A great line up, I am looking forward to extracting monies selling hearty snacks and refreshments.... along with seeing some great modelling and having wonderful conversations amongst friends.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Thinking ahead - I am guessing that most of what will be for sale will require real cash [not a problem although it is something I haven't needed to use much for over a year] or will the door and refreshments  have a card reader?

4 minutes ago, john new said:

Thinking ahead - I am guessing that most of what will be for sale will require real cash [not a problem although it is something I haven't needed to use much for over a year] or will the door and refreshments  have a card reader?

It has its own currency so no need to worry !

ck.jpg.69b7b6587018d1e63e6c06fff31c64b4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, john new said:

John, there is no charge at the door.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, john new said:

Morning John, 

As Stu says, no cash required for entry. It's free. Cash  will be required for refreshments and bring and buy purchases. Traders will do cash or cards (subject to confirmation) 

Rob. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Project X- Still to be named but the latest cameoesque snippet  of ovinity. East Anglia, 1965, Green diseasels. What could possibly go wrong............? 

Rob. 

So you have been to Harlow :read:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So you have been to Harlow :read:

I am not in a position to confirm or deny whether I have or have not been to Harlow.......

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, john new said:

247 Development will take card payment at the show as well as Cash

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1