SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

It wasn't my fault, @Mark Forrest made me drink the Plastered Pencarrot. I was happy with coke. 

Pinocchio-nose.jpg.69327d889d20a99bf3551d681f1bfa13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

It wasn't my fault, @Mark Forrest made me drink the Plastered Pheasant. I was happy with coke.

I'm prepared to admit that getting some cider to wash the chips down on the train back from Minehead might have been my idea; but I'll not be held responsible for the liquid pudding.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mark Forrest said:

I'm prepared to admit that getting some cider to wash the chips down on the train back from Minehead might have been my idea; but I'll not be held responsible for the liquid pudding.

Not that Suicider stuff I hope?

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

So you have a photograph of a t-shirt, which has a picture of a nice seagull on it, but the t-shirt is owned by a chip stealing barsteward?

Makes sense.

You may know this already, but living in a high density seagull* populated city such as Bath, when one doesn't want one's chips# predated by the little darlings, one simply ensures that one's back is to the wall.  This guarantee's that if they swoop towards one's snackett of choice, they won't be able to gain altitude enough to avoid a head-on collision with said wall.  Although, I think Mrs Dubya has seen a seagull* try this and come somewhat unstuck (or shortened in length somewhat).

* there's no such thing as a seagull, they're all gulls.  Chris Packham will tell you this, I met him once when he was filming a program about said birds on the roof at work, and he is very, very, very tall.  So tall, I'm not sure if he fitted in the lift, let alone used it to get to the roof.

#other snacketts are available, certainly in Bath.

1575214376_BananaDog.jpg.dcb1dd17a8af9c4fd13a92bdcd90f8d1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

So you have a photograph of a t-shirt, which has a picture of a nice seagull on it, but the t-shirt is owned by a chip stealing barsteward?

Makes sense.

Nice gull though...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

You may know this already, but living in a high density seagull* populated city such as Bath, when one doesn't want one's chips# predated by the little darlings, one simply ensures that one's back is to the wall.

You have now made me want some chips.

Thanks very much.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Anyway, I have seen seagull raids at close quarters when a colleague and I took a break from the exhausting process of riding the St Ives branch trains for a morning, to obtain timings, in order to have an ice cream at St Ives. He got his ice cream nicked by a gull (and a lot of it down his nice, new suit) and I wasn't attacked at all!

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh, come on! You must have used a felt-tip pen to draw that doggie's face on his piece of banana.

Having said that, it is an excellent likeness.

I am going to go out on a limb here and declare that this is indeed Art, darling.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Anyway, I have seen seagull raids at close quarters when a colleague and I took a break from the exhausting process of riding the St Ives branch trains for a morning, to obtain timings, in order to have an ice cream at St Ives. He got his ice cream nicked by a gull (and a lot of it down his nice, new suit) and I wasn't attacked at all!

Was it Steven Segal?

Or Jonathan Livingstone Seagulll?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I am going to go out on a limb here and declare that this is indeed Art, darling.

One could also suggest that some of the shirts worn at SWAG could / are / possibly Art too ?

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, bgman said:

One could also suggest that some of the shirts worn at SWAG could / are / possibly Art too ?

I've only seen some of your shirts at LarkRail, heaven knows how I would cope with a whole room full of SWAG members *wearing their shirts!

*Probably better than you not wearing them.

Edited by Tim Dubya
Had some of those chips formerly know as 'micro chips' but now dully know as 'quick chips', which they were. If it was open, which it isn't, the quickest round trip to the chippy to get chips would be about 20 minutes.
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I lost about two-thirds of my Hungry Jack's (Burger King in almost every other country) Grill Masters Smoky BBQ Angus to a sh!tehawk outside Sydney Town Hall a couple of weeks ago. Very annoying.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

You may know this already, but living in a high density seagull* populated city such as Bath, when one doesn't want one's chips# predated by the little darlings, one simply ensures that one's back is to the wall.  This guarantee's that if they swoop towards one's snackett of choice, they won't be able to gain altitude enough to avoid a head-on collision with said wall.  Although, I think Mrs Dubya has seen a seagull* try this and come somewhat unstuck (or shortened in length somewhat).

* there's no such thing as a seagull, they're all gulls.  Chris Packham will tell you this, I met him once when he was filming a program about said birds on the roof at work, and he is very, very, very tall.  So tall, I'm not sure if he fitted in the lift, let alone used it to get to the roof.

#other snacketts are available, certainly in Bath.

1575214376_BananaDog.jpg.dcb1dd17a8af9c4fd13a92bdcd90f8d1.jpg

I don't care if they are boys or gulls that is a nice pigeon on your tee shirt.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I lost about two-thirds of my Hungry Jack's (Burger King in almost every other country) Grill Masters Smoky BBQ Angus to a sh!tehawk outside Sydney Town Hall a couple of weeks ago. Very annoying.

I bet the name of that burger is more of a mouthful than the product itself.

Try this for size then, you burger lovers - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59044820

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, bgman said:

If we are talking about Mr BlackRat, then such items of apparel can only be considered as conceptual on a contextual basis, where the interplay of the numerous colour palettes can only allow them to resonate within the spatial relationship brought by the wearer with a distinctive informal juxtaposition of light and shade.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1