Jump to content

CANCELLED - Potential SWAG Member's Day - 7th November 2021


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION 

 

This is only a potential Member's Day, as we have no idea what possible restrictions may be in place.

Also, this is much later in the year so there will be much less in the way of additional entertainment during the weekend.

 

However, initial reaction has been mostly positive, despite the closeness of some other planned shows, such as RailEx Taunton and Warley.

 

We are of course also planning for the usual last Sunday in April next year (24th).   

 

So, nothing is definite, but expressions of interest for layouts, trade & demos have already been made and more are welcome.

Edited by Stubby47
Cancellation notice
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

 

Beside the gold-top, presumably.

Oh dear, I can see this one being milked.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rab said:

Oh dear, I can see this one being milked.

Sorry, it was a rather cheesy comment!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Due to caring commitments, I've never been able to get to these in the past.

 

Now that I no longer have these commitments, I'd really like to get to this event, if I can find some way of getting there (I don't have access to a car).

 

Since I don't have a layout - and I wouldn't be able to promise any demonstrations (mainly because I haven't had chance to do any modelmaking recently) - I'm talking as a potential visitor.

 

Time will tell if I actually get there - and if we're even allowed model shows etc - although I obviously hope so.

 

All the best,

 

Huw.

 

 

 

Edited by Huw Griffiths
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep ! 

 

In my diary.......

 

images.jpeg.52ba3b0d928b9ddc1fd75c12497b9a07.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold

Good idea, hope to be there, weather and COVID rules permitting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 

 

We are unable to book Staplegrove for 7th November.

 

This leaves us with 3 options:

 

1. Move the date

2. Move the venue

3. Cancel the idea and concentrate on the usual date in April

 

I don't think moving the date will work, as other shows are starting to be planned.

 

Similarly I don't think changing the venue is a good idea as it would prevent several non-drivers attending, plus is a complete unknown.

 

So, and I've already had two quite strong votes for this, the best option is to cancel this potential Member's Day.

 

Apologies all round.

  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 

 

We are unable to book Staplegrove for 7th November.

 

This leaves us with 3 options:

 

1. Move the date

2. Move the venue

3. Cancel the idea and concentrate on the usual date in April

 

I don't think moving the date will work, as other shows are starting to be planned.

 

Similarly I don't think changing the venue is a good idea as it would prevent several non-drivers attending, plus is a complete unknown.

 

So, and I've already had two quite strong votes for this, the best option is to cancel this potential Member's Day.

 

Apologies all round.

Good idea, but concur with your view it didn't work out in practice.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold

Yes, agree. 'Tis a shame but the right  thing to do.

 

Cancel and throw the kitchen sink at April. 

 

Rob. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah well tis a shame. Yes we should have a good show April 2022.

 

If any of you are likely to go to railex Taunton at the end of October (dont have the exact dates yet)  we hope to be running the show. The school are keen to host it and layout keen to attend so fingers crossed. I will be there probably on the door part of the time. Do say hello if you come. 

 

Don

  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Donw said:

Ah well tis a shame. Yes we should have a good show April 2022.

 

If any of you are likely to go to railex Taunton at the end of October (dont have the exact dates yet)  we hope to be running the show. The school are keen to host it and layout keen to attend so fingers crossed. I will be there probably on the door part of the time. Do say hello if you come. 

 

Don

 

Looking forward to bringing Bleat Wharf along, Don. 

 

Fingers crossed etc......

 

Rob. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

 

Looking forward to bringing Bleat Wharf along, Don. 

 

Fingers crossed etc......

 

Rob. 

 

I look forward to seeing you and the layout.

 

Don

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, john new said:

Good idea, but concur with your view it didn't work out in practice.

I'll second that...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Stubby47 changed the title to CANCELLED - Potential SWAG Member's Day - 7th November 2021

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...