The pursuit of love

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Last night on TV, this visually pleasing and entertaining series (this is part two of three), had an imaginative re-using of Bath Green Park as Gare Du Nord, just terrific.

A mixture of clever digital imagery type stuff with the actual place, it really showed off what a wonderful structure it is.

Bath has many faults, and back in the day would have happily knocked the place down, but thanks to Sainsburys and some imagination on the Council's part it was gloriously restored, including the glass that the Luftwaffe took out some years previously.

I believe it is currently undergoing some repair work on the overall roof, great to see it being kept in good condition for future visitors and now even film makers!

186526969_2998065027097801_4971073804255064392_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

Wot ho!

What an imaginative and clever use of the structure. Is this the Mitford drama? Might just have to check it out on catch-up after all!

It is indeed and likewise I’m going to catch up.Looks good.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

It is indeed and likewise I’m going to catch up.Looks good.

Priceless. Brideshead Revisited for the fairer sex.Incredible production & great soundtrack.On a note of pure nostalgia,the last surviving Mitford girl was the much loved Debo, Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, who died only a few years ago.