Accurascale Announces New Castle Cement PCAs!

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our latest announcement sees us returning to an old favourite long since unavailable and something that was subject to high demand last time out; the Castle Cement PCA wagons.

117218036_pcapacks.jpg.92d4f3def432767db8ce11337b6685a4.jpg

The first run of these wagons sold out in super quick time, and there has been demand for these wagons ever since. We are also offering them in original Castle Cement livery too for the first time!

1919154497_pcapackx.jpg.063f76608a803e6bfba95f6474b9af91.jpg

All wagons were re-liveried in Castle Cement livery in 1996 for use on workings to London – initially to Kings Cross freight depot and then to the freight facility at Saint Pancras from 2003. Since 2013, a number of these wagons have also been used on workings between Clitheroe and Avonmouth which they serve on to this day.

Transition from original to revised Castle Cement livery took place in the early 2000s and have since featured a variety of branding variations which our models faithfully capture.  

As you can see, the decoration artwork for this new run of wagons is complete and we are due samples soon. The modern Castle Cement liveried wagons features all new running numbers from the first run too, so perfect for complimenting existing wagon packs! Delivery is slated for Q4 2021 and packs are priced at £74.95 each, with 10% off when you buy two or more packs (automatically added at the checkout!)

Demand is expected to be high for this production run, so pre-ordering with your local stockist or direct is advised. You can pre-order direct right here.

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Outstanding wagons, A long rake of these are a thing of beauty. one of the best purchases I ever made

It helps when you have a realistic looking layout on which to run them

9 hours ago, big jim said:

ordered 2 sets of them to run with my Bachmann JPAs

Conversely I have 4 JPAs hanging off the end of 12 PCAs, I might end up selling the JPAs and buying more PCAs.

Obviously Accurascale will hate that :lol:

Also in my cynical state of mind I have 66780 pulling Castle wagons,

Edited by TomScrut
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, big jim said:

Fantastic, ordered 2 sets of them to run with my Bachmann JPAs, was gutted to have missed the first run so am a happy bunny now as I work these wagons out of clitheroe now and again 

Currently working 3 return trips per week as a set with 4 of the Hanson liveried JPAs on 6M90/6V84 Avonmouth-Clitheroe and return. 

(All flickr pics)

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Conversely I have 4 JPAs hanging off the end of 12 PCAs, I might end up selling the JPAs and buying more PCAs.

Obviously Accurascale will hate that :lol:

Also in my cynical state of mind I have 66780 pulling Castle wagons,

Prototype for everything.

66780 has worked the Castle liveried JPAs on the Mossend circuit.

A Conflict of Interests!

And you only need 6 PCAs to make a prototypical working....

200715 66753 6Y93 Peterborough  - Gloucester NY Besford 3999

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

Great news Accurascale, I can add a few more to my current rake now, see below. Please ensure they have the instanter couplings fitted, as these wagons work really well with them, there's no need for the small tension lock couplings. It will also allow me to swap out a couple of interlopers in the rake as well, have you spotted them!

Edited by Tony Walker
  • Like 3

Great news, have ordered two sets of early livery Castle. Hope they match the set I made using a previous late livery release, with Fox early livery transfers. I spent ages taking off the late livery printing, should have waited.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

The PCAs have now docked and we expect them into our warehouse by the end of this week, with shipping out to trade and customers taking place next week!

ACC2042CS-W_VTG_F.thumb.jpeg.08495cc297a2b290ad2a86c2b1944caa.jpeg

ACC2035CS-P_VTG_F.thumb.jpeg.95009ea8b8e9b4bdd29a3aff19ec7d54.jpeg

It's great to have these back in the range, and they sold out quickly in Castle Cement livery first time round. Now they have new running numbers and the older 1990s-early 2000s first Castle Cement livery is offered for the first time too.

Order via your local stockist or direct right here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/pca-bulk-cement-wagon/availability_pre-order?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Chris56057 said:

Looks like these are all sold out on the Accurascale website?

just momentarily while stock levels are verified. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was offered a rake of 7 Bachmann JPA’s, and I was just about to accept when I seen these in stock on the website, so duly ordered 5 packs of these instead, even managed to make a saving going with these over the JPA’s 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Ncarter2 said:

I was offered a rake of 7 Bachmann JPA’s, and I was just about to accept when I seen these in stock on the website, so duly ordered 5 packs of these instead, even managed to make a saving going with these over the JPA’s 😃

Repaint your JPAs and hook them up to PCAs.

Golborne Junction, GBRf  66771 'Amanda' 6M90 (SO) (05.00 Avonmouth Hanson - Clitheroe Castle Cement) 07/05/22.

• Like 3