Train Tech

MOH

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a second batch of Train Tech coach lighting kits and am about to fit those to some Lima coaches, however the snag is I cannot see any obvious way to separate the coach body from the frame, these are 00 gauge and I would reckon they could be from the 90's.

Has any kind soul any experience or tips on how to get inside these coaches, I did successfully install these kits on Bachmann stock without any bother but these Lima coaches have me flummoxed.

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, MOH said:

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a second batch of Train Tech coach lighting kits and am about to fit those to some Lima coaches, however the snag is I cannot see any obvious way to separate the coach body from the frame, these are 00 gauge and I would reckon they could be from the 90's.

Has any kind soul any experience or tips on how to get inside these coaches, I did successfully install these kits on Bachmann stock without any bother but these Lima coaches have me flummoxed.

Generally you push in the plastic at the ends and that releases them. But it depends on the coach for the exact method.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies,

I meant to reply earlier and thanks to those who offered their advice, the solution was of course simple, a little push in prong on the gangways at each end did the trick, job done and the lights look great.

I know folks consider these lights are expensive and to do a large amount of coaches would run dear but they work very well with no flickering, for my use they fit the bill.

• Like 1