Trax 2 Track Construction Software

I have a CD and book for Trax 2 by Jeff Geary which I used some years ago.  I now wish to use it again but the software won't run on my x64 PC.  I get a message suggesting I contact the supplier for a solution but can't seem to find contact details for KRB Publications who may be able to help.  Can anyone suggest a solution please? (besides getting hold of an old 32-bit PC!).

Thanks.

Steve.

Edited by steamydefender
spelling error

Trax 2 is a very useful software I find.  I use it for making turnout templates.  It is more intuitive for me than Templot (sorry Martin)

The auto install feature on the CD doesn't work on OS later than XP.  I found a friend who still has XP  (no internet connection) and got him to install it then put the program on a thumbdrive.  It is a matter of downloading to the PC and it works happily on Windows 10.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Thanks 1

I have no experience of that software, but can offer some general advice.

If the issue is that Windows does not automatically install from CD, you should be able to open the CD in Windows Explorer, probably as the D drive under This PC, and double click the .exe file, which is probably autostart.exe. You may want to go to View on the menu bar, and tick "File name extensions" so you can find the .exe file.

If it installs, but does not run, try right-clicking the desktop icon, go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab. The lowest you can go is probably Vista, but try that. Also try "Run this program as an administrator".

If there is no desktop short cut, you can create one by right-dragging the installed .exe from Windows Explorer to the desktop, then selecting "Create shortcut".