World of Railways plus = RMweb Gold + much more - a new digital subscription service

AY Mod

• Moderators
Just now, AdeMoore said:

Sure been discussed elsewhere but I’m sure folks won’t mind a repeat! I’m sure I’ve read Gold kills the annoying pop up videos? I’m seriously thinking about Gold for that alone.

I have a digital membership is that upgradable to Gold? Like I already pay 20 odd quid could that be knocked off a Gold membership?

cheers all.

Yes, Gold removes the Google Ads.

What is your existing digital description? Pocketmags or other? If so it wouldn't be possible to offset one against Gold as Pocketmags is an external account.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Yes, Gold removes the Google Ads.

What is your existing digital description? Pocketmags or other? If so it wouldn't be possible to offset one against Gold as Pocketmags is an external account.

I do access it through Pocketmags app. I didn’t realise when I signed up it was not warners.

One to chew over then.

Like spending best part of £100 to be rid of the ads may be a bit much. Assuming what I’ve read above it’s £70.00 for Gold.

Cheers for the reply.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AdeMoore said:

I do access it through Pocketmags app. I didn’t realise when I signed up it was not warners.

One to chew over then.

Like spending best part of £100 to be rid of the ads may be a bit much. Assuming what I’ve read above it’s £70.00 for Gold.

Cheers for the reply.

I'm still trying to get a lower cost ad-free option sorted which would do what you need.

• Thanks 3

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there, I've been subscribing to the mag using Pocketmags since 2012, and I've finally remembered this year not to renew so I can take advantage of WOR+.

Although I've read through this topic, I've a few questions before I signup.

• Until now, I've read all my mags on my iPad using the Pocketmags app. I know I'll not be using that app gonig forward but after 10 years, I'm v used to its ease of use. Will I be reading them using a browser if I sign up via WOR+? If so , is the look and feel comparable (or better?) ?
  • I live on the West coast of Canada, so the chances of me getting to a show would be practically zero. Can I transfer the free ticket to a friend?
  • Am I right in assuming I'll need to create a WOR account. For it to tie in with RMWeb, do I just use the same email address as I do here? I don't want to muck things up while setting everything up.

cheers

Jason

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JCL said:

Will I be reading them using a browser if I sign up via WOR+? If so , is the look and feel comparable (or better?) ?

It will be via the browser, I'm not an iPad user so I can't give a comparative opinion but I regularly use the Exact Editions (WoR+) on an Android tablet easily but there again I've got nothing to compare it against.

2 hours ago, JCL said:

Can I transfer the free ticket to a friend?

I'm sure we can work that out somehow.

2 hours ago, JCL said:

Am I right in assuming I'll need to create a WOR account. For it to tie in with RMWeb, do I just use the same email address as I do here?

It's best to use the same email address but there is an integration script which can tie things up whichever address you use. http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php

WoR+ will give additional access to:

BRM - back to Jan 2007 so that's an extra five years before your Pocketmags subs

Garden Rail - 193 previous issues - January 2006 to now

Traction - 91 previous issues - January 2010 to now

Narrow Gauge World - 129 previous issues - January 2006 to now

Engineering in Miniature - 216 previous issues - January 2005 to now

Plus the Gold access here for Classifieds etc if ever needed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

You'll be pleased to know I'm already sold on the benefits ;) - just making sure I set it up correctly. Will set it up tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

Jason

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mine just auto renewed! I’ve turned it of now which you can’t on the app it appears. Useful for anyone else.

I enquired how to do it.

email received pasted below.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your email!

To stop your Pocketmags online auto-renewable subscription from renewing, please login to www.pocketmags.com, navigate to ‘My Pocketmags’ > ‘My Subscriptions’, and then click ‘Cancel’ next to the relevant item. 

If an item displays ‘Renew Subscription’, auto-renewal is already disabled for that magazine.

Warm Regards,

John

Pocketmags Customer Service

Help@pocketmags.com

There is an option to turn off ads now for £12.00 a year I believe, but I’m yet to do it due to disposable income on hold this winter! 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I didn't really get what WOR Plus was about when I signed up to the free trial last year, so I didn't really make use of it... had a poke around the layouts, watched a few of the videos, then let it lapse.

However, sometime after the trial ended, this video popped up in my YouTube feed: 

Five digital magazine subscriptions in one, that search feature is a gamechanger, and now I've stopped lurking on RMweb and started posting, it's a no brainer for me now. Plus the free ticket - that's two months covered on its own. It's gone from me not really understanding why on earth I'd sign up for another subscription to it being the one I feel I'm getting the most value out of. Amazing what a short explanation can do, eh? 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 11 months later...

How can I subscribe to World of Railways Plus and to ad-free browsing of RM Web, please in one simple statement? I see it is possible, and I've browsed this forum, but I've given up each time I try to do it. The key problems are:

1. It seems impossible to put both the WoR and the ad-free browsing in the basket, doubling the complex process. Some basket that can only hold one item! 

2. Although I'm logged in to start with, I have to sign in again to buy one of the subs and it doesn't work. I either get an invalid/ not recognized message or an infinite Please Wait. It doesn't help that I can't display the contents of the password box.

3. I already use both Exact Editions for the Railway Modeller & its archive. And I subscribe to several mags in PocketMags, which is a breeze to use. BUT I understand that with PocketMags I'd lose out on much of the BRM archive and have to subscribe separately for other mags (Narrow Gauge World is in fact the only one in the offer that interests me). Is that right?

Advice gratefully received.

Realism is great, but replication of the nightmare of online train ticket buying is something I could do without!

Edited by IMS
Typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was quite a while ago but I had to subscribe to World of Railways first then I think Andy York had to amend my RMWeb membership to Gold. That was because I wanted to retain all the links and threads I already had.

Don

Thanks for the reply, Donw, but I cut to the  chase and simply added BRM to my PocketMags subscription at just under £50pa. Works well, I do get back numbers free at least back to  2020 but generally not the special issues or WOR issues. I get it on my Android phone in the same sub as on this iPad too.

Railway Modeller on Exact Editions is great on the iPad, right back to the start in the 1940s, well scanned, with comprehensive index based on good OCR.

I'll forget WOR and grudgingly put up with the intrusive adverts on RMweb.

Edited by IMS
Correction to last sentence

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, danni42 said:

World of Railways Plus is an innovative digital subscription service, combining the best of RMweb Gold with additional exclusive content. Elevating the railway enthusiast experience, it offers a comprehensive platform for engaging discussions, valuable insights, and a deeper exploration of the fascinating world of model railways and trains.

Thank-you Chat GPT.

Cheers

Darius

• Friendly/supportive 1