MLI Plus (issue 249)

grahame

Issue 249 is now published and available. Cover price £6.99 and 100 pages.

There's an extensive broad range of articles many of which I find of interest. Including Waterloo to Exeter Warships, DH shunters, MGR coal, Nuclear flask trains, class 501emus, and EE transfer locos.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 21/05/2021 at 18:40, grahame said:

Here's a quick snap of the contents page, should that be of help and interest:

DSC01772red.jpg.2b6c653347a5d52206b7f71706b0f75d.jpg

Excellent thanks, this looks very good to me, a mix of the old and new, I think that fills a bit of a gap in the market for us D&E types. 

Cheers,

Keith

On 07/06/2021 at 22:34, tractionman said:

Excellent thanks, this looks very good to me, a mix of the old and new, I think that fills a bit of a gap in the market for us D&E types. 

Cheers,

Keith

Indeed, I do feel that it is a very very very good bookazine.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, 18B said:

What are people's feelings on how MLI is panning out? 

I have bought hardly any UK prototype or modelling mags for a few years now.  MLI moving away from the individual subjects to a more mixed bag with each issue has seen me buy just one issue, read it and then never look at it again.

The only other prototype magazine of any real worth was Traction and that is now merged with BRM, I am not interested in paying out for a modelling magazine I have no interest in to view the Traction content I was interested in.

All in all, the UK magazine market has become dull, stale and expensive with patchy availability in the likes of WHSmiths which once carried a decent range and are now hopeless.  I have no interest in going digital either, I prefer to look at a paper mag before I decide if I wish to buy or not.

• Informative/Useful 1