Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

PC games

• RMweb Premium

The well known simulators are the (now rather old) 'Microsoft Train Simulator' (MSTS), the free 'Open Rails', and the commercial, but very good 'Trainz' and 'Rail Simulator' (now using the name TrainSim World).

A new one on me is called 'Rolling Line'. My son has been making models for it, and converting some of my old MSTS models for it too. Same with 'Transport Fever'.

The place to find out more is www.uktrainsim.com

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, simonkilvington said:

I have downloaded "Steam" but can not get it to run ?

Any advice ???

Steam is a gaming site/interface enabling games to be purchased, updated etc.

If you think you have downloaded a game too, look in the steam library when you have logged onto “Steam”. 

• Agree 1

I assume you have installed Steam (ie the interface) and are now downloading a game that you have purchased.  Depending on the size of the download and your internet connection speed that may take a while.  What game are you downloading and did it not say how big the download was when you started?

Hi,

I play Train Sim World. Have played it for several years now. Since it's original incarnation as Rail Simulator. Lots of extras and add on packs. There is also a big freeware community for this sim. It is something you can just play every now and again or play all the time. So far every major update has been free to download via Steam. 

IT'S DOWNLOADED.

iF i CLOSE THE WINDOW, THEN DOUBLE CLICK MY "sTEAM" ICON

It opens Library "Train sim world@ 2020", with a "Play" button.

If I click "Play" after a few seconds it returns to the same screen but now says "Stop".

However under "Library" it says, now in green, "Train sim world@ 2020 Running".

But how do I choose ANYTHING ?

On 25/05/2021 at 14:09, Ian Morgan said:

'Transport Fever'

A great game (and TpF2 as well), but it's an economy/ business simulator that uses trains, trams, boats, buses, trucks and planes rather than a train driving simulator.

@simonkilvington Hello and welcome to RMWeb. I had trouble in getting started with Transport Fever from Steam. Downloaded and all I had when I played 'Start' was a black screen - it was running but nothing was showing. The Steam community were able to help in suggesting that the video drivers were not up to date - updated them and the game played perfectly well. Perhaps you too need to update your drivers? Is your card powerful enough to play the game - especially if you're on a lap-top?

Cheers,

Philip

• RMweb Premium

Train Simulator 2021 together with three routes is currently (until 28 May) available for £9.99, a 60% reduction on the normal price of £24.99.  At these sale prices you could even splash out and get yourself an additional route, eg the excellenr Weardale route for only £6.49 (normally £24.99).  Lots of other routes and locos available as well at sale prices - https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_2021/

Train Simulator is an old game, and to some extent it shows, but an advantage is that there are loads of free routes and add-ons available for it.  I'm afraid I have become a bit addicted to it and that has affected my modelling time!  Train Sim World 2 is newer and has better graphics, but really needs a high end computer with powerful graphics to run it.

DT