Replacement buffers for Airfix kit wagons

As the title says, does anyone supply cast buffers for the various Airfix wagons? I've got a few that have lost buffers and I don't really want to use new kits just for the buffers.

I've done a couple of conversions, a Hornby Dublo breakdown van body on the meat van chassis looks good. when Wrenn took over the HD range, they hd a lot of red breakdown vans so sold them off very cheap, about 2/9d each. I've also done a K's white metal p/way open wagon on a meat van chassis. It certainly runs better and the chassis is square, unlike the Ks offering!

• Like 1

This is a cheap way to get buffers. Heat and stretch some plastic sprue, not too thin mind, then, when cool, cut into inch lengths. I then use a candle flame to set one end briefly alight and then push down the flaming end onto the workbench. This act puts out the flame and produces a perfect circle of plastic and shank. Cut down the shank to desired length and paint. The thicker the sprue, the bigger the buffer face. For oval buffers, just file to shape. Trust me, with a bit of practice you will never buy buffers again. CHEAPO!  :locomotive: