Proprietary GWR Cream

Thanks for the reply. I have used it before and it's excellent, but I found that the aerosol head tended to clog easily. And without a show to purchase at, postage can be prohibitive on aerosols, hence my hope for car paint [I should have made that clearer initially - apols].

Thanks for the reply though.

Tony

Edited by Prometheus

11 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Thanks for the reply. I have used it before and it's excellent, but I found that the aerosol head tended to clog easily. And without a show to purchase at, postage can be prohibitive on aerosols, hence my hope for car paint [I should have made that clearer initially - apols].

Thanks for the reply though.

Tony

The usual advice is Rover Primula Yellow. However the last time I looked it seems they don’t do it any more!

Mark

9 hours ago, Mark said:

The usual advice is Rover Primula Yellow. However the last time I looked it seems they don’t do it any more!

Mark

A lot of the Rover colours have been discontinued.

Thanks all for the replies. I did try Rover Primula Yellow once - many years ago - but decided it was just too yellow. Ford Sierra Beige was recommended too a while back, but that wasn’t really right, either. 

Tony

2 hours ago, Prometheus said:

take some sprayed plastic card to a paint supplier

Taking something painted to a paint supplier and asking if they have some paint that looks like it seems like you have confidence in your painted thing. Or is the purpose of the exercise merely getting the paint into a spray form?

Some car paint suppliers can digitally image the example that you provide and then produce accurately it in aerosol form. It’s the convenience of a spray can that I want. I generally get very good results with them and, for me, having to do it in a cluttered garage, an air brush is a less attractive option (even though I have one).

Tony