Return of Accurascale's PFA greatest hits!

• RMweb Gold

281988382_2021_03.05AccurascalePFACawoods(Pack2)-01.jpg.8e9078fb7ba6e457932d5d48acc67740.jpg

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - RETURN OF YOUR FAVOURITE PFAs!

Due to massive customer demand we have decided to add some PFA packs with our previous coal container and low level nuclear waste containers to our forthcoming PFA production run!

Two packs of Cawoods and one pack each of British Fuels and the DRS Low Level Nuclear waste packs are available for pre-order and delivery with our previously announced new nuclear waste PFA packs in Q4 of 2021.

1058553656_2021_03.05AccurascalePFABritishFuels-01.jpg.c98f3551b124bde11a39e2918243ab58.jpg

Priced at £74.95, they can be ordered direct with 10% discount if you order two or more packs, or from your local Accurascale stockist.

579535337_2021_03.05AccurascalePFALLNW-01.jpg.24510a6e80e372ffc4ce82f74181ac60.jpg

Pre-order direct right here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon/availability_pre-order? 

More details: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/new-cawoods-british-fuels-and-low-level-nuke-pfa-packs-announced

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Purnu said:

Just noticed this on the Rails of Sheffield site, a nice addition of (for me) a forgotten container livery variation.

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/45113/accurascale-acc_rjb-oo-gauge-set-of-3-pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagons-with-rjb-coal-containers-exclusive-

Correct! That RJB blue scheme is very attractive indeed and will compliment the other coal container packs very nicely.

Cheers,

Fran 

• Agree 1

Very pleased with the PFA expanding its nuclear options, as makes for a nice 'mini-complete train' with just a few wagons. 

Have you given any further thought to expanding the 'PFA' theme out further, namely to provide up to date GBRf gypsum containers. Appears to be as simple as either 1. debranding current container and 2. removing the 'branding plate'. Can one assume rightly, the plate is a separate piece and thus allowing the wide spread GBRf containers?

Pic, Hugh Llewelyn on Flickr:

FEA-B No.6406??

On 01/06/2021 at 17:34, Accurascale Fran said:

Correct! That RJB blue scheme is very attractive indeed and will compliment the other coal container packs very nicely.

Cheers,

Fran 

Just ordered my set of wagons from Rails. This is indeed an excellent livery colour and representative of days gone.

• Thanks 1

Just received my packs S & T of the Cawoods from Collets.. I’ve also ordered packs E and U from Accurascale. Fantastic models at a fantastic price.

Things have certainly moved on from when I last dabbled in this hobby some 30 + years ago!

Need to save some money now for when you bring out that class 31! (Hint)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Time to dust this thread off a little and provide an update!

Our hotly anticipated new run of PFA wagons featuring new nuclear loads as well as old favourites like our coal containers are getting closer, with production almost complete.

Due in stock in mid-summer 2022, they have been hugely popular sales wise with some packs getting close to sell out direct and with retailers.

1352360721_PFAProductionApril1.jpg.fb2b478b766436958c4ac2ea27aeb787.jpg

1368069004_PFAProductionApril2.jpg.c1e8e8bb4db9b2c26a60715926bdf71e.jpg

1056111277_PFAProduction3.jpg.b4e29ce8747f5f7589833551e82120a7.jpg

1052744128_PFAProductionApril4.jpg.e23d10a54d35e7017eaf0c88d6c30443.jpg

Don't miss out, browse the diverse range of new PFA packs and place your pre-order today, just £74.95 per triple pack and free UK postage as well as 10% off when you buy two packs or more! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon/availability_pre-order?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

I'd still love to see a new rendition of the FNA flask wagon to the high standards of Accurascale.  I know there's a reasonable Bachmann version (release due some time) but it's a bit lacking in detail and just a re-release of old tooling.

I thought that the new version of the FNA was an Accurascale certainty, but Revolution doing it.  The Old FNA to be honest, there is very little really to add apart from a little finesse, so would expect financially not really a sensible option.  

However with Accurascale having a fondness for nuclear, how about a PIA/PXA/KXA with Twin Magnox and Excellox Flasks, as a model under the same principle as the KUA (One production run)  Plus of course sooner or later there is a Class 31 to go with them too?  An IQE/IQA would do nicely as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

With DRS running trains to Winfrith again, good reason for a pair of 68’s top and tailing some of those excellent low level waste containers. 

Edited by Ncarter2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

I thought that the new version of the FNA was an Accurascale certainty, but Revolution doing it.  The Old FNA to be honest, there is very little really to add apart from a little finesse, so would expect financially not really a sensible option.  

Revolution announced it, although there seems to be little info as to when theirs will appear.  What with re-release of the Bachmann FNAs there would seem to be very little justification for an Accurascale version as well.

4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

True but dont kid yourself, we would buy them anyway would we not,they are the rock stars of the model rail world.

Personally not.  I've got more than enough FNA's so would sooner spend the money on something different, rather than just upgrade for a little refinement for the sake of it.  What would be dramatically changed (Plus I believe when produced Bachmann were not allowed wagon underframe detail in the interests of security).  Is Bachmanns really that bad - everyone seemed happy when it was produced?  Seen some on YouTube videos and appears satisfactory.  I wouldn't even think of bothering at their current price - I paid about £15 for the last ones I had when the Signal Box (Rochester) closed, but if someone needs the odd one, at least they can be acquired.  Besides, they usually go straight through everywhere, so unless its a nuclear facility that is being modelled, they are not really even going to even sit around on most layouts in sidings to be admired that much.  There are other nuke wagons that would allow Accurascales creative juices to flow, plus fill a bigger gap, with a wow factor.....

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have often wondered whether there were occasions when the PFA flats ran without containers on. I am particularly interested in the 80 and 90s era having built up a collection of Cawoods and British Fuels to use on my layout which can be used anywhere between 1980 and 2000 depending on which stock I choose to place on the layout. I can't find any photo evidence of flats running without containers. The 80s seemed to be uniformed rakes of the Cawoods whilst the later 90s seemed to offer much more variation with British Fuels and debranded Cawoods, RGB and sometimes HEAs in the same rake.

I would be interested to knows if the PFA flats did run without the containers, either part rake or full rake.