Hornby R60061 Pride Van

John M Upton

25 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Yes, it's a dig at the anti-everythings; not at the gay community.

Rumour has it that Dapol are also 'cashing in' with a re-release of their track cleaning wagon.  Non functioning this time, it'll have an anti-vax message.  ;)

Edited by Ouroborus
  • Like 1
  • Funny 6

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ok, but I consider that I am 'woke' but certainly not anti everything thanks.

P

Well please stop selectively taking offence at things when you use an inappropriate avatar that could offend some.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Well please stop selectively taking offence at things when you use an inappropriate avatar that could offend some.

It's the poster of a PG-rated film that's about working class oppression.  Is it inappropriate to have this dvd cover on the shelves in Tesco? 

As being woke is to be alert to injustice in society, such as homophobia and racism, what is it people are afraid the "anti-everythings" will take away from them?

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, wrex said:

It's the poster of a PG-rated film that's about working class oppression.

I'm well aware of the origins of the image (and could choose to take issue with copyright usage) but it's chosen to be provocative. Please don't turn up and try to lecture me as my previous comments referred to those who are homophobic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

This is a forum about model railways, I think attempts to discuss wokeness/liberalism and being anti-anything and everything need to be placed into the political folder and then banned on here.

All we are going to end up doing is arguing about it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium

Pride aside, what the Pendolino model in particular also shows is how far manufacturers have moved forward in their ability to produce seriously complex and colourful liveries at reasonable cost. A necessity to be able to keep up with the current scene and something to be welcomed as it should improve the economics of producing modern DMUs and EMUs as the development costs can be spread over more liveries. Think about Bachmann's new N gauge 319. Hopefully Hornby and others will follow suit. 

• Agree 3

I am certainly not going to buy this wagon.  I don't buy fictitious models that merely advertise n years of some model railway trader, exhibition, or are merely adverts for some company making something - whether it be soap powder or baked beans.

The same goes for political campaigns - be it the Tory Party or the opposition or some "politically correct" activist campaign.

If you want to advertise your product, fine - but pay the advertising bill yourself.  Don't expect me to fork out for your ads!  Do I really look like such a mug?  If you want to promote your message, then by all means give them away as freebies - they might even be run a few times before I get round to repainting into something more sensible. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• AY Mod locked this topic