The Missing Plan - British Oak Coal Plant - Paul Lunn design

having just acquired a copy of Model Railway Planning & Design Handbook ( Santona Publications - 2004 I was disappointed to note that the promised plan for the Paul Lunn  design  "British Oak" Loading hoppers to follow page 21 does not appear.  

haven't been able to find a contact address for Santona, nor Paul Lunn to follow-up this omission 

although these units do not appear to be that complicated, so if no plans exist I could no doubt build them from the drawings on page 21, I wonder if these plans were ever subsequently produced? if so I would appreciate a copy.

On 02/06/2021 at 23:59, weeduggie2 said:

having just acquired a copy of Model Railway Planning & Design Handbook ( Santona Publications - 2004 I was disappointed to note that the promised plan for the Paul Lunn  design  "British Oak" Loading hoppers to follow page 21 does not appear.  

haven't been able to find a contact address for Santona, nor Paul Lunn to follow-up this omission 

although these units do not appear to be that complicated, so if no plans exist I could no doubt build them from the drawings on page 21, I wonder if these plans were ever subsequently produced? if so I would appreciate a copy.

Hi weeduggie2,  I think there might have been some confusion!  Reference on page 21 refers to the track plan top right of page 23, in that the footprint can be measured from the model track plan, together with an estimated height, as you said, from the 3D.  Hope this helps. Kind regards Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a suitable candidate kit for British Oak type hoppers can be kit bashed from the Knightwing Models mine top buildings (PM113)  as detailed in the weathering for railway modellers vol 2 book by George Dent - will need to crack on and order one - another option could be sourced from one of the Walthers coal mine kits - as based down-under so will ned to wait for the COVID interfered with shipment.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a suitable candidate kit for British Oak type hoppers can be kit bashed from the Knightwing Models mine top buildings (PM113)  as detailed in the weathering for railway modellers vol 2 book by George Dent - will need to crack on and order one - another option could be sourced from one of the Walthers coal mine kits - as based down-under so will ned to wait for the COVID interfered with shipment.

The Knightwing Models kit has just arrived - on cursory examination it will probably suffice, once enlarged with some additional Wills panels, to suit an On14 module structure based on Paul's plan suitably antipodeanised - already have one of Mark Clark's  Steamnthings Barclay E class  locos too shift the coal hoppers, to be based on the Snailbeach ones.