Callow Lane - ex-Midland freight-only line in South Gloucestershire

Captain Kernow

Looking good Captain K :)

I especially like the retaining wall and backs of terraced houses - there's something so atmospheric and natural about that view.

I must admit, I had completely forgotten about this project. I think I must have been distracted by just how good Bethesda is! 

I must also admit that it can be a distraction, when you model in several scales, and / or gauges. Keep up the fab modelling good sir :)

• Thanks 1

Always a relief when a long-stored layout emerges from hibernation and it all still works - my own (just Peco Code 100 with Peco point motors) has such spells and so far has always still worked when I get it out. I like to think the care taken in its construction has paid off, must be the same with Callow Lane.

This looks very promising.......with a model of the shortest-lived NBL Type 2 hydraulic of them all too - 5 years, 10 months and 3 days, and standing on some very nice-looking pointwork. One to watch I think.....!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit more footage, this time showing some Sentinel action:

I should add that the Sentinel is an RT Models kit, which I was very lucky to secure on EBay, already (most expertly) built but not painted.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 15

14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Here is a map, showing the position of Callow Lane, with regard to the other railways in the South Gloucestershire area:

376488075_CallowLanemap2.jpg.158e470931c3fdea6fcc2a39640ef1d4.jpg

Nice to see this re-starting.

If you could extend the line past New Engine yard a bit it should run right past my house!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

I don't emerge from the 2mm area very often but I've clicked the follow button for this, lovely stuff.

Jerry

Me too!  Though I do emerge from the 2mm area more often:)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tim V said:

Is that Himalayan herrings?

I'll just leave this here...0:58....bit of scenery advice as well...

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1